[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
question about blogging : Promoting Your Blog

question about blogging

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:00 am

brothamike

Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:01 am

Yes, you can put AdSense and affiliate links on your blog. Google still must approve your site for AdSense, but my understanding is they've become less restrictive about qualifying sites. I think they used to reject most or all blogs but not anymore. Don't quote me on that because I'm kinda' hazy on the history. Anyway, I use Adsense on the blog that is associated with my "Golf in the Year 2000" site.

Affiliate links are probably best woven into the content of your blog posts. The posts should consist of real content as much as possible, not just be pure sales pitches. Of course this goes for any site, but I sense that it's even more important with a blog, because blogs are still seen as somehow occupying a different, purer (less crassly commercial) sphere than the rest of the web.

As to whether you can make a profit ... you have probably the same odds as you do with a more traditional web page structure. One advantage of a blog is that most blogging software generates pages automatically, so if you blog a lot, you can quickly have hundreds or more of content-rich pages without messing much with coding, layout, etc.

Good luck.
StephenNC

Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:24 am

brothamike

Fri May 20, 2005 1:57 pm

artsky

Fri May 20, 2005 4:11 pm

Blog and Ping is a good way to let the Blog directories know you're alive and kicking. Some blogging services have it built in, but you can also go to www.Pingomatic.com and pig some directories.

Another great way to promote your blog is to talk with other blog owners and see if they'll exchange links or put you on there list of 'blogs they read/recommend'.

One of the best ways to drive traffic is to participate on other successful blogs. Commenting on various topics and blog entries on popular blogs, you'll receive a link (usually as your name) in your comment and other blog readers will click on it and go to your blog.

Keep your blog updated with great information around your topic and you'll steadily start a great little community of active readers and commenters.
Voasi

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:53 am

Another resource to look at is feedburner:
http://www.feedburner.com

They will burn the feed and convert it into popular format for free. Others can subscribe to your blog after this from Yahoo, google, newsgator etc. Also, they have free automated service that includes pinging pingomatic, which in turn pings around 15 blogs directories.
ezinebonanza

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 pm

topaffiliateprogram

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:20 pm

ezinebonanza

Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:00 pm

search engines donot differentiate between blogs and websites .so money you can make from blog should be same from money earned from website if same amount of work done on both
topaffiliateprogram

Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:42 pm

yup it does work for sure Ive made 2 sales. and have quite a few emails from viewers of my blog listed in my sig file, to ask me questions about the programs I am reccomending. Which is kinda cool !!

I run an msn community ( I have a rather big community member ship) I market affiliate links at them but not really a whole lot. Its not what I have it for to be honest. so I'm kinda familiar with posting and getting replies and all that.

I admit I dont spend alot of time at the blogging thingy though. Im usually very busy I have a 5 yr old boy !! So he keeps me well occupied. Im sure though that if I were to really go at it, id do better, but its just fun for me right now and a learning experience along the way
its_me_shaners

You can check some reviews here.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:17 am

You will get LIFE CHANGING marketing tips at my blog.

[URL deleted - Moderator]
dansmarketdotcom

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:44 pm

2cworth

Make $$ with blogs...

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:40 pm

I love blogging. It's a great way to make a good income. I have a few blogs, but I started out with one. Once it started making a decent income, I started another one, and so on...
CSheers

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:53 am

donnah

Return to Promoting Your Blog