[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
1and1 web host log files : Web Hosting

1and1 web host log files

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:38 pm

I am currently using 1and1 as a domain host. I have liked most everything they offer with one major exception.
Their LOG file system is junk. Is there anyway for me to generate my own log files? I am on a shared server, but could upgrade to a dedicated server.
The current log file system generates a weekly LOG file. I do not have write access to the LOG folder. Read Only. When it generates a new LOG file it deletes the last one making it virtually impossible to get all of the days LOGged.
On my old webhost they generated a very nice daily log file. I could rename or delete old LOGs off of the server at my convenience.
All I want is to be able to do is see where the traffic is coming from and what it is doing and where it is going.
Does anyone have any recommendations or similar experiences with 1and1?
ajknudson

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:43 pm

What type of hosting do you currently have? I use 1and1 and get daily log files, that are then zipped into a weekly log file.

I use AWStats to process the file, and it handles the daily and weekly stats fine...
edburdo

1and1.com - Nazis of the internet

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:15 am

1and1sucks

Re: 1and1 web host log files

Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:58 pm

CharlesWaters

1and1

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:56 pm

ajknudson

Re: 1and1

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:32 am

CharlesWaters

Having a problem uploading files

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:54 pm

coffee

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:02 pm

CharlesWaters

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:53 am

sophist

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:06 pm

Sophist... you can install AWStats on 1and1. I have about 12 sites right now on 1and1 (the free 3yr account) and I use AWStats for them. Works pretty well.
edburdo

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:37 pm

I downloaded awstats but I have no idea what to do with it. The instructions that come with it assume a certian level of understanding which apparently I don't have.

Is this something that runs on 1and1's server or on my PC??

Edburdo did you use a tutorial to get awstats up and running? If so could you steer my in that direction?
sophist

Return to Web Hosting