[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Exploding web host : Web Hosting

Exploding web host

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:51 pm

Phil Tanny

Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:07 am

Phil,

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with that web host. Good that you did things cautiously.

Here's your original thread regarding that search. Probably a good idea for everyone to save some time and follow Gary's comments. :wink:

http://www.associateprograms.com/discus/ftopic4325.html

All the best
Phil
Phil CA

Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your host. :shock:

Take a look at hostgator.com. A lot of people on Phil Wiley's board use that host. On their platinum reseller plan you can have a lot of domains for $25US a month.

Some folks over there also use neureal.com. They like it because you can see all of your sites on one control panel.

Some people like 1and1. They seem pretty good but when I checked it they wanted a year payment in advance for their low priced plan. :roll:

I shopped around a lot and I went with hostgator simply because they always answered my email questions really fast so that is something that makes me happy. :wink:

Any of those three seem to be a good choice. Depends on your taste.

Hope that helps a little. :D Good thing you backed up everything. Smart!
Helpful Guest

Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:29 pm

Phil Tanny

Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:02 pm

Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:26 am

bteeter2

Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:08 am

Phil Tanny

Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:06 pm

Charlie

Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:06 pm

Howdy Charlie,

Yes, if I did get in to that business I would do the sales and support, and outsource the tech end, as I'm not a Unix guy.

I used to host listhosting accounts on my own servers (Mac) so I'm familar with the general experience of being a host. I generally like doing support, but I'd need to learn a good bit more about the web hosting biz before entering it.
Phil Tanny

Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:02 am

Charlie

Return to Web Hosting