[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Create a handy tool - get free links to your site : Web Site Promotion

Create a handy tool - get free links to your site

Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:48 am

AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:31 pm

I'd like to see something to keep track of link agreements and if they are still (or are) linked to my sites.

Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:34 pm

Reciprocal link management software is quite popular and available in a variety of ways. I've seen sites where you can handle it all online ... on your own site (scripts) or via a master link site ... as well as software you use from your own computer.

Arelis is one popular one I recommend, but I know there are many others.

Debs
Debs

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:31 am

Allan

When you suggest hiring a programmer, what sort of price are you
talking about? For example, over or under one hundred dollars, and
by how much?

I ask because, for a long time, I have thought I would like to have my
own English/Spanish dictionary and simple translator on my website.
At present, I have them but they are, of course, linked to another
website.

Anyone?s comments and advice would be much appreciated.

Linda
linda plummer

Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:16 pm

Linda, it would depend on the complexity of the program you need. I've seen some programs done for less than $100, but others for thousands, and everywhere in between.

Take a browse at rentacoder for some of the current projects and you will get an idea of pricing and complexity.

If you are going to do a software program, I would recommend you use something like a spreadsheet to "layout" the look and function of the proposed software. Once you have that, you will have a better idea of what you want it to do and what's involved. You can post that spreadsheet on Rentacoder in your Request for Bids and potential bidders will have a more complete idea of what you want. This will result in better bids.

I did this for some software a while back, and found the software I wanted created was out of my budget! Didn't cost me to post a bid, and I was able to close the bidding without fee since I didn't award the project. I am hoping to post it again, and award it, but have to revise the "outline" to keep within budget.

Debs
Debs

Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:38 pm

Hi Allan, thank you for mentioning the affiliate link cloaker. A freeware tool (whether an on-line PHP solution or off-line Windows based solution) can definitely draw a lot of publicity if the tool is interesting.

If you do develop off-line tools to give away, I would highly recommend taking the time to visit the and create a PAD file. This will allow you to submit your tool to over 100 shareware (directory/download) sites while removing most of the drudgery from the process. A list of sites accepting PAD file submissions is published on the A.S.P. site.
Bernard

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:44 am

linda plummer

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:03 am

Debs

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:08 pm

gana

Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:47 am

Debs

Thanks for the words of encouragement! You are right - none of us
must ever give up on any ideas we have but keep going at it until
we see them through to the end!

Linda
linda plummer

Something like this Allan!

Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:53 pm

A freebie for all who want it.

And you may give it away freely in any way you see fit.

Grab-A-Thing
----------------
Does one thing only. It was made to download things via an http:// url.

I always get email with download linkes for mp3 files, pdf files and more. And equal often my email goas bananas or just decides to sleep if I click the link directly inside the mail.

So I use Grab-A-Thing!

Mark and cut the url, paste it into GAT, click download and choose where I want the file.

If I stepped over the line by posting this Allan, then I'm sure you'll eat the post and send me to the corner alone.

The program is 1 exe file, no install, no help, virus scanned before upload to the server, no spyware, no adware, no pop ups or things that change your computer.

IT has an about box with my info + a couple of links in a box (as you will se).

Download it here : http://www.kndata.com/download/grabathing.exe

The only thing I ask, is that if you decide to give it to others, you also host the file for download.

Kenth

link mgmt.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:34 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm new please bear with me as i understand your concept as an additional tool created to give away, you create an inbound link
from it or with it?? hence the more you give away the more links
you get.....umm!!! my brain is burning with anticipation.... :wink:
Best Regards,
Guest 1

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:13 am

john2698

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:14 pm

Charlie

Re:

Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:03 am

cwsteam.com

Return to Web Site Promotion