Where did I go wrong?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:50 am

When I made my first dollar online, it was from promoting a Clickbank product. While doing so, I learned quite a lot about SEO, but that was back in 2002.

I haven't made a dime with affiliate marketing since. What is everyone doing that I'm not? I was up in the mountains for a few years and I really have a lot of catching up to do, but I can't help but feel that I'm missing out on something very important. I'm beginning to question if I'm even cut out for this profession.

Some of the products that I've promoted have got thousands of hits and no sales. I just don't get it. Many of the programs that I promote are products that I've personally purchased from the same sales page that I recommend. Should I just throw in the towel? I've spent countless hours trying what seems to be the wrong thing. Thanks for listening to my ranting...
nauert

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Yes, it's getting harder but all is not lost.

What I suggest you do is look into the newish technology/software platforms that are using SMS for customer acquisition and very high converting (above 40%) sales funnels to convert them into buyers.

With email becoming less and less effective SMS and mobile has been the way to go for myself and many others.
AllanJames

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Or just try a different avenue of internet marketing. I did SEO too years ago but it didn't work out for me. I started studying list building and it's worked out for me.
kazoone2

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:47 pm

kazoone2 wrote:Or just try a different avenue of internet marketing. I did SEO too years ago but it didn't work out for me. I started studying list building and it's worked out for me.

Yes, it's a bitch now
:( but there are alternative ways of making a few bob online.
AllanJames

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 am

From what I've learned about IM its not as easy as it was in "the good ol days" but there is more than one way to do it. A lot of new ways to advertise are always being created. Mobile traffic for example, seems to be emerging as a very profitable platform.
adgirl456

Return to General Affiliate Discussion