Top reason most beginners fail at internet marketing...

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 am

One of the major reasons why folks fail to earn any money online is because they run around in circles chasing down the latest shiny object rather than concentrating on just 1 or 2 methods and then becoming really skilled at them.

There are loads of methods to make money on the internet, like running a blog, SEO, email marketing, article marketing etc and they all work. But they all require effort. Some newbies might go and create 2-3 articles, submit them to a couple of directories, make no sales and then go around saying that online marketing does not work.

The trick is to choose 1 topic of IM which interests you the most and become exceptional at it since the more you love something, the more likely you are to study more and attain mastery over that area.

This is what worked for me. What do you guys think?
kazoone2

Re: Top reason most beginners fail at internet marketing...

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:56 pm

kazoone2 wrote:One of the major reasons why folks fail to earn any money online is because they run around in circles chasing down the latest shiny object rather than concentrating on just 1 or 2 methods and then becoming really skilled at them.

There are loads of methods to make money on the internet, like running a blog, SEO, email marketing, article marketing etc and they all work. But they all require effort. Some newbies might go and create 2-3 articles, submit them to a couple of directories, make no sales and then go around saying that online marketing does not work.

The trick is to choose 1 topic of IM which interests you the most and become exceptional at it since the more you love something, the more likely you are to study more and attain mastery over that area.

This is what worked for me. What do you guys think?

All very true. One of the saddest things I see is so many people failing online and for that reason I put pen to paper (figuratively :) ) a few days ago in a post on my blog. It lists the 5 major reasons that lead to abject failure.
How To Fail Online

Would you agree with the points I made? Are there even more reasons that you see as common?
AllanJames

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 am

I'm sure that giving up too soon and not being determined and disciplined enough are major reasons why people fail online.

A really big part of the blame must go to hype-laden sales pitches - from vendors and affiliates - promising instant money and raising crazy expectations of quick riches.

However, affiliates fail for all sorts of reasons. Some, I think, aren't too dumb. Instead, they're too clever. Instant of following a proven path in a good instruction manual, they insist on doing things their own way. Being innovative can work beautifully but it also can fail spectacularly. You can waste months or years fiddling about experimenting. Been there, done that.

Many affiliates fail because they create websites that aren't credible. When people visit a website they make an instant decision: Stay or leave? If it looks too amateurish or unbelievable or untrustworthy, for any little reason, the person leaves.

While some affiliates fail because they use too much hype, I think some go they other way and fail because they're uncomfortable selling. They're afraid to ask for the sale.

For example (I hope you don't mind me saying this) AllanJames, if someone reads to the bottom of your article on why people fail, they're left hanging, with nowhere to click. You've told them how to fail. You could have ended the article on a positive note with a "How To Make Sure You Succeed" link. Good article, though! :)
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 am

AllanGardyne wrote:[snip]
For example (I hope you don't mind me saying this) AllanJames, if someone reads to the bottom of your article on why people fail, they're left hanging, with nowhere to click. You've told them how to fail. You could have ended the article on a positive note with a "How To Make Sure You Succeed" link. Good article, though! :)

I don't mind at all AllanGardyne :-)

You're dead right and in another article I've done that but I thought it wouldn't be appropriate on this forum to send people to a post with my affiliate link in it
AllanJames

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:23 am

AllanGardyne wrote:I'm sure that giving up too soon and not being determined and disciplined enough are major reasons why people fail online.

I really agree on this. Beginners fail because of there lack of determination. Being an affiliate is not that easy task, You need time and effort to earn more from it.
SarahMiller01

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:10 pm

AllanGardyne wrote:A really big part of the blame must go to hype-laden sales pitches - from vendors and affiliates - promising instant money and raising crazy expectations of quick riches.

Many of these hyped pitches are made from those who have the networks and resources in place that have taken years to build up. The end result is sold instead of the process which if most people knew about in the sales pitches, they wouldn't buy.
kazoone2

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:15 pm

I could some up the reason the majority of people fail in 2 reasons...

1. Lack of skills.
2. Lack of effort.

I agree with Allan in that good copywriters make it sound easier to make money online then it really is.

When people find out it takes hard work, at least for awhile, they give up. Another potential Internet marketers bites the dust.
jschuman

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:55 am

Maybe because some beginners forgot to grasp that the most important thing in online marketing it to keep working hard and wait until your hard work pays off.
Erin Nagata

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:36 am

I really agree on this. Beginners fail because of there lack of determination.
KellyAnny

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:28 pm

I made that mistake when I first started out..I then realized that there is much junk out there. There is no substitute for hard work and persistence.
kaz

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates