Promoting on the streets? (Challenge inside)

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Has anyone ever tried promoting on the streets?

For example, printing out say 100 flyers with 2 short catchy sentences about the affiliate product you want to promote... then, going for a walk around the block and putting these flyers on the windshields of parked cars.

I read about this method somewhere but I haven't found the courage to give it a try yet.

I'm challenging you to try it in your neighborhood and to report back to us in this thread to share your results.

I think this method has some potential. What do you think?
bandaid

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 pm

for the cost of flyers and time I just don't think it's worth it.
Usually when I get flyers on my car, I'm annoyed! If it's related to what I was doing- like upcoming shows when I've just left a bar with live music- I might look it over but I'll usually toss it.

What do you know about this audience? Only that they have a car. You don't know if they're young, old, married, employed, just passing through town, etc. Car flyers without targeting your audience? It could work if it's something super broad like "MAKE MONEY NOW!" or "Weight loss", or it's ABOUT CARS.

They're decently effective for a local business, esp if you're offering something-I've gotten a few free-drink flyers. I used to do paper flyers for a bakery I worked for.

This might work if you can tailor your audience a little, maybe if you are at a career fair and post about an affiliate program, or if you're say at a farmer's market and your product is related somehow to that kind of consumer (something about health, natural cosmetics, weight loss supplements with whatever hot new thing).

Also, it's commercial solicitation. If you distribute flyers in a place that has signage saying "No solicitation", you can't do it legally. You might need a commercial solicitation license or permit. These are not usually expensive in my experience- less than $50 depending on the municipality), but sometimes there's a limit to how long the permit lasts. On top of that you should be prepared to pay a fine for littering.
StaceyQ

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 am

Yes I have but it was when I was schooling. It was fun but we have to follow the attractive methods always. And we should be more active. If only we can get the attention from others. And the main thing is street promoting should not bother others.
Tootsiie

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 pm

I'd rather give it to people on the street than stick it to the cars. They will be more likely to read it. It's interesting idea, give it a shot and tell us about results ;)
kenzo

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:35 pm

The very first network marketing company that I was with, actually it was the 2nd, my sponsor told me to print flyers and then put them on the windshields of cars.

I had like 500 of them and worked my behind off for like 2 days. I think that not ever one person called the number that was on there and I never did that again. Total waste of time.

I really think that people HATE the idea of having flyers show up on their windshield or being sold on the street.

If you have a business online and want to try this, go for it. Try it out to see what kinds of results you get.

For me, I love the idea of doing every thing online and also never calling anyone to join me.
talfighel

Return to General Affiliate Discussion