Is The Youtube Method considered spamming?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Hey,

I found an interesting approach to affiliate marketing a while back but I was too skeptical to follow through with it.

Here's a link to the method:
http://mobilemonopoly.com/membersarea/t ... method.php

Please give it a look at let me know if this is considered spam or not... because if it's a safe method, I want to give it a try. If it's considered spam, I want to move on.

Help!

Cheers,
bandaid
bandaid

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Basically, the method involves persuading YouTube account holders to place your affiliate link in their description of their own popular - or likely to be popular - videos. When they make a sale, you immediately manually pay them 10% of the commission you earn on the sale.

So you're paying people to place advertising on YouTube.

I could be wrong - I'm not a lawyer - but it looks as though this is clearly against YouTube's terms of service, so doing it could get you booted out of YouTube.

YouTube's Terms say:
You agree not to use the Service [YouTube] for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain YouTube's prior written approval:

the sale of access to the Service;
the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content...
Last edited by AllanGardyne on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Thank you for your reply!

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I have a bone to pick with the internet marketing industry. There is so much disinformation on the internet in this industry. This makes it very difficult for someone who is just starting out to figure out what they should be doing.

Cheers,
bandaid
bandaid

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Seems to me that this is very illegal and YouTube will catch that. When they do, they will ban you and the other users.

Even if you upload your own videos, there is no guarantee that it will stay up there for a long time.

I know that some marketers, even big name marketers, have had their account terminated for no reason what so ever. This is very true to those who are in the work at home niche online.

I would not recommend anyone just rely on YouTube videos for traffic.
talfighel

Return to General Affiliate Discussion