What do Affiliates Expect?

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Hello,

We are a premises based company but due to rising costs we are shuting up shop and moving online.

As part of the website we want to offer an affiliates section, as we are new to the world of affiliates we want to know what we should offering to potential affiliates (commission or a lead fee)

If you think commission is the best form of payment what are the average commission charges?

Sorry for being vague. Thanks for any help you can offer us.
dtcuk

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 am

Normally when I visit an affiliate program I check 4 points:
- Quality and price of products.
- Commission and time payout: Pay regularly and low minimum payout is great (about $20 - $50)
- Great support from provider: I often send them an email before I register. If they didn't answer for a long time, I ignored.
- Comment from other affiliates about this affiliate program.
tamnl

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 am

Hi,

It really depends on you, and your product.
I would suggest you contact or take a look at affiliate networks, for example http://www.cj.com and their advertiser tools.

Once you dig around you are more likely to have your questions answered for you.

Good luck

Catherine [/url]
CatK

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm

tamnl wrote:Normally when I visit an affiliate program I check 4 points:
- Quality and price of products.
- Commission and time payout: Pay regularly and low minimum payout is great (about $20 - $50)
- Great support from provider: I often send them an email before I register. If they didn't answer for a long time, I ignored.
- Comment from other affiliates about this affiliate program.

I agree with all of these - except the last one. I very rarely ask the opinion of other affiliates.

Why? Because most of them are doing it wrong and are broke.

Other than the factors above I look for 100% commissions and lifetime tagging on all backend sales at about 10%
AllanJames

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 am

[quote="tamnl"]

Likewise, a low minimum payout seems to be very popular, especially with newer affiliates just starting out, or even established affiliates who don't know anything about you- they really want to see that first payout, that gets them motivated.
StaceyQ

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 am

I have sign up to PTC sites and many people like low payouts of 1$ or under. I see new PTC sites who gets 1000 members in one day just because of their low payout.Well any site that lets people make easy money gets allot of members.

The problem with payouts as low of 1$ and under is that it can cause sites to lose more money. Some People don't want to bother with sites with high payouts because it takes them to long to know if the site is a trust worthy site. There are sites that will will make first payout of 1$,second payout $3,third payout $10 or whatever to keep customers and to not lose money.There are people who will drop out before first payout so all the money goes back to you.People can also lose earnings for 30 days inactivity for example.You can also make it a requirement for people to send you a pic of proof of payment from paypal,payza or whatever with their personal details erase and than put it on a payout page. This can make people trust you.

Im also making my own site and so far i have free ad spaces instead of using affiliates right now.i have to do abit of site testing before becoming live.im new to hosting ,web programming and everything lol.i just started to learn these stuff about a year ago.

I don't understand the part about the lead fee but it is best to give money to affiliates only when you receiving money at the same time like from a purchase of a product on your site.
If you have ads rotating at each affiliate link than the advertisers money can be shared with you and the affiliate.I'm assuming that adspaces will also be for sell on your site.$10 commission has always been popular but it is true that affiliates like higher commission.Well i don't think that 10% commission can cause you to receive less affiliates and become less popular than sites with 50% commission.
holly

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 pm

You should offer your affiliates commissions when someone joins your program.

You should also upsell your customers and give your affiliates more chances to earn higher commissions.

Your front offer should be very affordable. Something like $20-$30 commission for your affiliates.

Then when you offer more products to their customers, you can bank your affiliates up to $200-$300 more commissions from upsells.
talfighel

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates