My #1 Best Piece Of Advice For New Affiliates

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm

My #1 best piece of advice for new affiliates is to focus on building a sustainable business from the get go instead of trying to "make your first sale" or "make your first $100", etcetera...

Here's what I did when I first got started. I became obsessed with making my very first sale as an affiliate. I was looking to make a quick buck. I was being very short-sighted and did not have a long-term plan for how to keep the sales rolling in. My focus was on making my first sale and nothing more.

I did reach that goal but all the time and energy I spent on reaching that goal could have been used to start building a solid foundation for a real internet business instead! When I reached my goal, I had no plan for what to do next!

Here's one of my favorite quotes that I hope will illustrate what I'm trying to say here:

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
-MICHELANGELO

So don't waste your time trying to "make your first sale" and instead, I would recommend you focus your time and energy on creating a sustainable income stream that is as big as you really want.

Good luck!
AlainNacouzi

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:21 am

One of the best advice I have ever read.This is really important that you bring some diversification on the type of businesses you are trying to set up.Making first sale is difficult but it does not make sense that for making that first sale you waste other opportunities that worked for other people too.
pusan

Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:03 am

Personally, I have no problem with someone making a goal to get their first sale online. That first sale is really important, and can help motivate you to get that second, third, fourth sale and so on to keep going in your affiliate marketing career.

The big thing is how you plan to make that sale, which should carry in to your overall business strategy. If you have a good plan and know what you are doing, your chances of succeeding are pretty high. If you have no plan and don't know what you are doing, making that first sale and subsequent sales is going to be a challenge.
Getagrip7

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

In order to create a real business, as opposed to a campaign, there are a few things to remember.

1) No campaign lasts forever. They are all finite.

2) Cashflow over profits

3) Hiring, and managing staff.

Once these are observed, one can diversify risk, and focus on expansion.

As an affiliate, there are many ways to expand. Some very large affiliate I know, have actually bought the traffic sources that they were buying media from.

Some have started networks.

Some have started advertiser programs.

The sky really is the limit.
PerformanceMarketing

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm

PerformanceMarketing wrote:In order to create a real business, as opposed to a campaign, there are a few things to remember.

1) No campaign lasts forever. They are all finite.

2) Cashflow over profits

3) Hiring, and managing staff.

Once these are observed, one can diversify risk, and focus on expansion.

Wow, that's very conventional thinking.

You know what's made me free?

Trust - people trust me
and that's what I concentrate on, building trust and then I make sales.

Read the book 'NO BS Trust Based Marketing' and then you'll understand.

Here's the first sentence from it: ' You can get laid with lust. But you get married and stay married with trust. '
AllanJames

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates