How to determine the legitimacy of an affiliate program?

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 am

1. How do I know if they are real/genuine?
2. How do I confirm their business existence?
3. How do I verify if they really pay their affiliates?
4. How do I find out if they are a scam?

[Affilorama had this in April - you plagiarized it. Why can't you quote your source?? Hence, I deleted it - Moderator]

Hope that helps.
-aji
aji26

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 am

Hi

A legitimate affiliate program will always offer support, and contact information either email, or a phone number. If you have questions contact support using the methods provided to see the type of response you receive, and how long it takes before becoming affiliated with the program.
And Yes Google is also good option to check the legitimacy of an affiliate program.
vipcarsaff

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 pm

If you want to check the legitimacy of a affiliate program then first you should check their reviews , website , contact details, Email or Phone number and feedback from quality websites. Check their support services as well.
Wealthyaffiliate

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 pm

The easiest way to verify if the program is legitimate is to send them an email or submit a Contact Us form. The average time to receive a reply should be within 24 sometimes 48 hours.
Another method is to check is the program is listed in any of the affiliate program directories, especially the free ones, since that is what pretty much every affiliate program does to promote themselves, especially in the beginning.
jennyd

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 am

You can check out company's reviews, how long they've been in the industry. There should be a money back guarantee for like 3-6 mos if there is any problem with the service.
lesa mitchell

Return to General Affiliate Discussion