Cloak and Mask your Affiliate Landing Pages

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Cloaking & Protecting your Affiliate Redirect Pages.

You may be losing 20% or more of your total affiliate commissions and you have no way of knowing how much you are actually losing. :( You can easily stop these losses by cloaking your affiliate URLs. In my case one single change boosted my affiliate sales income about 33%. :)

Commission theft happens most often today when your customers install programs with hidden applications that are secretly bundled inside other software you usually downloaded free on the Internet.

Many of these programs search for common affiliate URLs or domain names on your website, when they find an affiliate ID they replace your ID or URL for another. Your customer buys assuming you are getting the commission short-circuiting the sale and redirecting your commission to someone else.

This can also happen when someone substitutes another affiliate ID for yours in order to redirect your sales commission after you did all the work.

Why Use a URL Cloaking Guide and tool?

Cloaking your URLs will accomplish two things for you. First it will make it nearly impossible for most scumware programs and humans to redirect or even to read your affiliate links on your web pages, and second it will make all affiliate links appear as if the pages are actually located on your own website.
tghmanjtw

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Josh, I agree it's useful to cloak affiliate links. I do it myself, using .htaccess redirects, which are simple and free.

What are the advantages of using a special cloaking tool instead of .htaccess redirects?
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 am

Does the .htacces redirect also mask the web address when it redirects?
tghmanjtw

Commission theft programs

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 am

There are scum ware programs that can steal your sale by identifying your affiliate URL on a .htaccess redirect and replacing it with their own. Does your method convert your URL into a decimal code to protect against the scum ware?
tghmanjtw

ALSO

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 am

I have also come across some monthly redirect sites that actually have installed this malware/scumware on my computer thus stealing my affiliate commissions. Just an FYI for everyone. It might be better to do the redirecting yourself. Its easy to learn too.
tghmanjtw

Return to How to Earn More