10 Ways to Increase Conversions

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 am

So far this year I've made $40,000+ selling affiliate products and my own digital products via my websites. I have plenty more to learn, but here are just 10 ways I've found to reliably increase my conversions. I hope you find them useful!

1. Don't send cold leads to your affiliate partners' sales pages. Send traffic to your independent, balanced product reviews first to warm them up and give them reasons to buy before they even land on the hard sales page.

2. Explain the benefits to the reader (exactly how it will improve their lives) instead of the technical features. This will help them visualize what's in it for them and get them excited enough to buy.

3. Include a large product image at the end (at sometimes at the start) of the review. Larger images are shown to improve conversions because people can see exactly what they're paying for. Even digital products can be made to feel tangible this way.

4. Include a clear call-to-action which tells people exactly how to obtain the product. I include a brief CTA near the top of my page for people in a hurry, then a full CTA at the end to help close.

5. Offer a 100% money back guarantee. You can refund PayPal purchases within 60 days (it's their policy) so emphasize this great selling point to help people trust you and make the spend.

6. Show you're a real person recommending the product. Explain who you are, how long you've been using the product, why you're qualified to review it. A faceless, anonymous review is harder to trust.

7. Create an attention-grabbing headline that explains exactly what benefit the product offers. Or, asks a question that really makes your reader think about how they may benefit.

8. Check thoroughly for typos and spelling errors, as these can crush your credibility from the outset.

9. Keep your sentences and paragraphs short - people won't read thick chunks of text. You have only seconds to grab their attention and then you have to keep it. Many people only scan sales pages, so highlight important points to draw the eye down the page to your CTA.

10. Test different variations of your sales pages and track changes to the conversion rate over time. Minor tweaks and improvements to the headline, layout, etc, can have a major impact.

Good luck... Online sales are not easy and takes a lot of hard work in my experience. But once you have a steady income stream set up it will repay your time and effort in the long run.
RebeccaT

Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Rebecca, Excellent tips. Thanks.

If I could be so bold as to add a couple more ways to increase your visitor-to-sales ratio...

11. Reveal a bit about yourself and your personality. Perhaps put a photo (or caricature) of yourself on your site. This will help you connect with your readers.

12. Publish a newsletter. If people don't know you and are arriving at your site for the first time, you have to work hard to get the sale (doing the sorts of things Rebecca advises). If they've signed up for your newsletter and have learned a bit about you and learned to trust your recommendations, you have a better chance of getting the sale. A newsletter also gives you multiple chances of making the sale.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:43 am

Rebecca, you have done a good job. However, i still have a problem, that is, if I don't have enough human resources, how can I tell my visitors who I am, I mean I don't want my visitors know there is just one person who is running my website.
MixboxIam

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:27 pm

What a great post from yours about 10 ways to increase conversions! I think your advices are very helpful to me because its importance. Thanks for your well instructions sharing.
Zavier

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 am

Indeed, its great to discuss the pros and cons of a certain product or services as well to provide users a heads up.
lesa mitchell

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:48 am

Nice list.There are various ways to increase conversions.You must experiment with different titles,description,subject etc.I have seen a little change of landing page makes great difference to conversion.
bhagabati

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:35 am

Thanks for sharing such helpful tips, this is truly helpful.
Erin Nagata

Return to How to Earn More