how can I fund article writing services for my upcoming biz?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Hey guys,

I'm planning on building a web BUSINESS in the near future. My only concern is that content creation is a major weakness of mine. For that reason, I'd like to hire someone to do all the writing for my business... but here comes the problem:

how will I pay for all that writing? At a minimum of $10 a pop and aiming for 200+ articles, it will cost me at least $2000 to pay for all the content I need.

Where do YOU get the money to pay for article writing services?

Thanks!
bandaid

Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 am

Hi bandaid, I hope you don't mind if I twist this around and approach it from a different angle...

Perhaps you're better at content creation than you think. You write well on this forum.

If you get really deeply involved in a topic, your genuine enthusiasm will shine through, and that enthusiasm will make the articles BETTER than any someone has been paid $10 each to write.

You don't need to be perfect to make money in affiliate marketing.

Here are some content creation ideas:

1. You could try talking into a tape recorder and then transcribing it. That works well for some people.

2. You could try recording yourself talking and demonstrating a product, and upload it to YouTube, which is surprisingly simple. Once it's on YouTube, it's easy to post the code they give you into a web page.

3. You could record screenshots of a digital product, with you talking in the background.

4. You could try interviewing people in the industry - voice, video or email - and put the interviews on your site.

Content creation is such a valuable skill, it's well worth while learning how to do it effectively. The more you do it, the better you'll get.

I don't think I'd want to spend $2,000 on my first website, unless I was REALLY sure I had a winning idea. On the other hand, if you DID make that sort of financial commitment, I reckon you'd apply a LOT of focus on doing your utmost to turn it into a success.

To get the money, look for something to sell. Either a product you don't really need or a service. Examine your strengths. What can do? Give guitar lessons? Help school kids with math? Mow lawns?

Look for a task no one else wants to do, and do it for a few months. After missing out on one job application, I once applied for a job in Edinburgh, Scotland. The description said: "Heavy manual work in cold, damp, noisy conditions." The city had an unemployment rate of 7% but I got it, because no one else wanted it.

Whatever you do to raise funds, you CAN do it, because you know it's only temporary. You can see the end, and you can see the goal you're working towards.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Return to Article Writing and Article Directories