Promoting an affiliate link without a website/blog or list?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Do you guys have any suggestions on the best ways to promote an affiliate link without a website/blog/list?

I'm not trying to build a business just yet. I just want to make enough sales to pay for Site Build It! and then build a real web BUSINESS

If you can help, let me know!

(So far, the only thing I can think of is using my e-mail sig file to promote SBI!)

Thanks for reading!
bandaid

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi bandaid, If you're studying Ken Evoy's advice, I'm sure you'll know by now that it's really important for you to try to see things from your potential customers' point of view.

The huge challenge with promoting via your signature and advising people to "Build a business" is that they can see that you haven't done so yourself.

If you try to sell SBI without even owning a blog yourself, I think you're going to have a big credibility problem.

To succeed promoting SBI, here's a more effective approach...

1. First do at least ONE of these... Walk down the street, knock on doors, get a part-time job or offer to do odd jobs. Look around your house for something to sell. If you live in the western world, you probably own something you could sell on eBay. Go to odesk or elance or one of those sites and do some jobs to earn a few dollars.

2. When you've scraped up the necessary cash, take your own advice, buy SBI and build a successful business.

3. Now tell everyone how SBI helped you build a profitable business. Suddenly you'll have credibility and will make sales.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Straight from the horse's mouth!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Simply great advice.

That's what I'll do. Thank you for your reply!
bandaid

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 am

I think it's difficult to promote an affiliate link without a blog. :( I'm the newbie and I don't have a website, that's OK for me. But I can't understand how we can promote without a blog. Because I think blog is the easiest way that people can trust in. Email marketing is not helpful.
tamnl

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 am

If you're new to the game, you really need patience. You need a blog or site, build credibility, and get a following. Without doing any of that, promoting an affiliate link will be next to useless.

No one will want to click on a link of someone they don't trust. Heck, even the people you trust might send you strange links.
superplatinum

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 am

Hi superplatinum,

You say the right thing. The most difficult thing for a newbie like me is the affiliate link. People won't click to the link if they know that's affiliate link. How to avoid it?
tamnl

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

How do you avoid making it obvious that it's an affiliate link?

I would say: provide more information in each link. So, if you're promoting a product, link to another page (on your site or blog maybe) that provides more info, and maybe to another page that provides more info. If you have a person who has seen (by now) two to three of your pages of pure info, you can give them an affiliate link. They are likely to click on it because you've built that trust. They know that you are going to give them information.
superplatinum

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 am

tamnl wrote:People won't click to the link if they know that's affiliate link.

That's not always true.

I've been publishing my Associate Programs newsletter since 1998 and I've made plenty of money from readers who click on links they know are affiliate links. The know that because the newsletter is all about affiliate marketing, and I warn them at the end of the newsletter.

If you provide genuinely USEFUL information, you build trust. When people trust your recommendations, they are will to buy knowing its an affiliate link.

How to avoid it?

One fairly easy way is to buy a domain name and cheap hosting and use .htaccess redirects. (Google it for more info.)

For example, if you bought the domain name example.com, links you could use would be something like...

"example.com/seo-tips"
"example.com/I-recommend-this"
"example.com/nice-shoes".

I've been using .htaccess redirects for years. They have several advantages. For example, you can links links all over the place in different types of promotion, online or offline, and by changing just ONE plain text file, you can change dozens, hundreds or thousands of links. VERY useful if an affiliate program disappears and you want to switch to another one.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am

Ok You can use.You also share or promote your affiliate link in social media's like Facebook, Twitter,Google+ or YouTube. But it will not give you an effective result.
Actually it,s really hard to make a sale without a blog or site.If you aren't eager to pay for domain and hosting, just open a blog in free blogging site like blogger.
Last edited by andlosek on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andlosek

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am

Use your facebook or twitter account. Distribute posters in your school/college.
mxtecsubs

MAKE your affiliate landing page look like the original

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm

I help people all the time and the biggest thing in affiliate marketing is to protect your commisions and also make your affiliate landing page look like the original. You will need a few tips. Let me know if you need help.
tghmanjtw

Re: Promoting an affiliate link without a website/blog or li

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 pm

bandaid wrote:Do you guys have any suggestions on the best ways to promote an affiliate link without a website/blog/list?

I'm not trying to build a business just yet. I just want to make enough sales to pay for Site Build It! and then build a real web BUSINESS

If you can help, let me know!

(So far, the only thing I can think of is using my e-mail sig file to promote SBI!)

Thanks for reading!

If you make a blog ( blogger, wordpress, etc ) that is free. Also if you have hosting from a friend wordpress cms is for free ( and not the only one ).
I suggest to make a site first as it would be much harder without one.
aditd

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

The vast majority of affiliates I know that push 5figure/day are either mailers, or they buy traffic and work on the arbitrage between their CPM, and CPA prices.

In most cases it would be advised to make some sort of landing page though for media buys.
PerformanceMarketing

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm

mxtecsubs wrote: Distribute posters in your school/college.

I went to a pretty small college, so this might have more success at a big school, but in my case it wouldn't have helped much- esp with the cost of paper and printing. My college was also pretty strict about who could post what things, where. There were a few spots on campus that were open bulletin boards, but everything still got date-stamped and taken down after a while. Any other postings on campus had to be cleared by an administrative office. It may seem harsh but it really helped cut down on the visual clutter and paper litter.
StaceyQ

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates