What inspires you?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Inspiration (as defined by Websters Dictionary) is “a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation”

Let’s break down the definition:
“a devine influence or action on a person…” – so, inspiration is essentially driven by an inside or outside source that is impactful to your actions

“…believed to qualify him or her…” - the key word is “qualify”, so this inside or outside source gives anyone the option to act based on source of influence

“…to receive and communicate sacred revelation” – so, recognizing the outside source and the ability to take action on what has been given to you, results in the other two great words here – “sacred revelation”. An act that is driven by an outside or inside source results in not just an “idea”, but a revelation, that would not have otherwise presented itself! This is truly worthy of being “sacred”!

So, what really inspires YOU, and can you define the SOURCE, the ACT and the REVELATION that results??
Valerie Mitchell

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi Valerie, Welcome!

One thing that inspires me is a new member who takes the time to write a good post. Well done. :)

I'm curious now. What inspires you?
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

thanks, Allen!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:34 pm

What inspires me?

Well, the source would be my personal drive to succeed, the action I take is trying new challenges and the result, the "revelation" that results is that when I am faced with circumstances that (on the surface) seem to be outside of my reach/capabilities, that my desire to succeed overcomes any fears....and that is sacred !
Valerie Mitchell

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Valerie,

I deleted your rant about typos. I taught matriculation English many years ago. I understand your frustration with "lazy" people who can't be bothered ... but I tend to let a few go by without comment. It's more important to get relevant messages, not off-topic ones or one-liners which offer nothing to the conversations.

Anyway, you're preaching to the converted!!

Welcome.
Wally Morgan - Moderator
administrator
Site Admin

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am

Normally positive thinking, kind, generous personality inspires me a lot.
LoopyBlonde

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 am

I think it’s one of the most important and underrated aspects of human experience. That sense you get when something wonderful, something amazing takes your breath away, drops your jaw and makes you go “Wow!” I find inspiration in many things: art, theater, music, the natural world, the fantastic discoveries of science, the vastness of space. But the best inspiration, for me, comes when something is not just astonishing but also represents my deepest values. When I see my Humanist beliefs mirrored and expressed in a beautiful, compelling way – that makes me go wild.
changealex

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I am checking instagram to get more inspiration.
Rolas

Re: thanks, Allen!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:58 am

Valerie Mitchell wrote:What inspires me?

Well, the source would be my personal drive to succeed, the action I take is trying new challenges and the result, the "revelation" that results is that when I am faced with circumstances that (on the surface) seem to be outside of my reach/capabilities, that my desire to succeed overcomes any fears....and that is sacred !

Well said! I totally agree, I'm also scared of that too. And we have the same inspiration.
azworldca

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey friends thanks for sharing this post it really helpful. These ideas are great.These are might be useful.
According o my view I always inspire always reading some good post and blogs like theas.
ZakaryCyrus

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:16 am

people who show little acts of kindness are what inspires me and my partner, too.
Pettus

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:34 am

sometimes inspiration is just something not recognized as a source but related to our unconscious.

this happens daily, in our desire to be as our friends or our celebrities.

but considering we are usually freelancers, I think the idea to be able to create our destiny being our own boss. This is a very tempting thing, and probably a source of inspiration.
Jake The Competition Man

Return to General Affiliate Discussion