Best Products to promote for a beginner?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi,,

I am just wondering if you can help me please? What are the best products to promote for a beginner?
peterjames24

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 am

Hi there, glad you chose to start earning an income through internet marketing!

It always helps to choose a product that's in a niche you are really passionate or knowledgeable about, that way you won't get burned out while promoting it.

Also, be sure to build an opt-in list no matter what you're promoting. Very important to do this, and you'll be glad you did down the road.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Good luck!!
SocialHowl

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 pm

That's excellent advice from SocialHowl - you really do need to get behind something you care about, something you'd use yourself. Otherwise you'll find it difficult to keep up enthusiasm for all the content writing and promoting you'll need to do.

I'd add it's also a good idea to think about the way you'll enjoy promoting the product. Reviews, case studies, videos, etc. That determines the type of site and content you'll need to focus on.

If you're right at the start of your journey, you might find it easier to start with creating a website about the area you're interested in and monetize it with AdSense to begin with.

AdSense is the easiest way to get started - it's basically set and forget - leaving you to concentrate on publishing content and link building, so that when you're ready to add in some affiliate marketing to the mix you've already got an engaged audience ready to listen.
GeniusStartup

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I will get an optin form sorted out. Now all I need is autoresponder!
peterjames24

Best products to promote

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 pm

The best products to promote are ones you are passionate about. Find your niche and write about it. You will always be more succesful if you are turthful to your readers. I also want to be sure you know since you are new that you need to Guard your affiliate commisions by cloaking your affiliate ids. Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.
tghmanjtw

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 am

It more depends on you and your capability. I would say check back the conversion rate for the products you are thinking to promote.Try to identify a problem where people strive for a solution.
pusan

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:27 am

Hi

There are lots of things for the beginners to promote.All depends on their capability and online network.The basic concept is just find the product that is within your niche.
Once you find the product that is within your niche,you click on the hop-link to add your affiliate ID to the product link.When a reader clicks on your hop link and buys the item ,you get a commission for the sale.Although this sounds simple ,there are few things that you need to know before you started.
Like:
Choosing Affiliate Network
Choosing Products
Buy the Product
Cloaking
Etc..
vipcarsaff

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Beauty products are running product. For this reason beauty products are best for a beginner.
Deroy

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:53 am

I think the product depends on which area you are working about. I choose the products that I know clearly so I can promote it easier.
tamnl

Re: Best Products to promote for a beginner?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 pm

peterjames24 wrote:Hi,,

I am just wondering if you can help me please? What are the best products to promote for a beginner?

The same products that are good for a pro. The affiliate marketing does not keep a meter if you are beginner or not. It keeps track if you can sale a product or not.
aditd

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I'd also say, if you sign up for a training program to teach you how to do something plan to stick with it. I jumped from plan to plan, as many do until someone finally told me to see things through. Since then I've been having much more luck just focusing on selling one product and focusing on 1-2 traffic methods.

You can find a ton of training programs that only cost $1 to join. There's at least one on Associate Programs that I've used and liked. Once you join you can learn everything to get started in the trail period.
scottfanello

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 pm

If there's one thing I see that's common to all affs I know pushing $10k+/day, it's that they stick to one thing, and they own it.

What do I mean?

Start with one traffic source. Get to know this absolutely inside out.

What works there, what doesn't work there?

What are other affiliates pushing?

What sort of creatives work?

Don't jump from one traffic source to another, learn to completely take one over first.
PerformanceMarketing

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 pm

PerformanceMarketing,

What's your take on jumping from product to product? I know of a few folks that I respect that like to promote only products they use or they stick to one major producer to promote. That's the path I'm going down just as I've also taken your advice to stick with one marketing strategy. It gives a great sense of relief to have a focus (though it also makes it more like a job once the learning curve is over!).
scottfanello

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 am

There isn't an exact product that you can sell if you're just starting out. It's more like protecting your online credibility from the get-go. When it comes to selling products in affiliate marketing, you have to know your product in and out, and trust it for you to sell it properly because if you don't trust it others won't either.
Mark Daniels

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates