Secure Hosting or SSL?

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 am

I probably have a stupid question but I'm a bit confused about security and hosting. I'm interested in shared hosting. Are there website hosting companies that provide secure hosting environments more secure than traditional shared hosting? I know that SSL verifies or encrypts data being transmitted across the web, but the data isn't any more secure is it?

I'm looking for very solid and secure hosting. I will purchase an SSL too if that will add to the security.
qindhdfe

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am

Most established armies have been responsible for securing their servers to ensure customer accounts are safe. Is one safer than another, so everything depends on the actions they have undertaken to protect the server.
SSL does not really have any bearing on the security server. Each server must have an SSL certificate for a client in the log has a secure connection for transferring your username and password.
carolynccourtney

Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Most Hosts have responsible for ensuring their servers to ensure that customer accounts are safe. It is one safer than another, so it all depends on the actions they have taken to protect the server. SSL does not really have any bearing on the security server. Each server must have an SSL certificate for a client in the registry have a secure connection to transfer your user name and password.
fergalezras

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:56 am

All those things are true.
And I do believe aspnix or b2netsolutions dedicated servers are able to meet all your expectation in terms of dedicated servers.
Vanga

Re:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:02 am

Each established and authorized organization have their own servers with toughest web servers security. Being web space provider that every organization keep their customers and their server security on the most core thing and it's core aspect of web hosting business.

Apart from this SSL security certificates are the necessary things to all small business website to protect their users and customers while transmitting data on web servers and web browsers.
rapidsslonline

hi...

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 am

Why would it be advantageous for my web hosting plan to feature Dedicated SSL & IP as part of the plan?
Chrisramirez5

Re: Secure Hosting or SSL?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 am

qindhdfe wrote:I probably have a stupid question but I'm a bit confused about security and hosting. I'm interested in shared hosting. Are there website hosting companies that provide secure hosting environments more secure than traditional shared hosting? I know that SSL verifies or encrypts data being transmitted across the web, but the data isn't any more secure is it?

I'm looking for very solid and secure hosting. I will purchase an SSL too if that will add to the security.

Being security expert that i will recommend you move with dedicated SSL with dedicated web hosting package to have the toughest SSL security for your web site or your other web platforms because shared hosting package or shared SSL certificate might have security breach because i had so many cased of security breach and they mostly from shared SSL certificates. Wish you good luck!
jameslabonte

hi

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:40 am

Is there any good/free web hosting sites that support SSL and certificate installation?
Colemanrees

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 am

a protocol developed by Netscape for transmitting private documents via the Internet. SSL uses a cryptographic system that uses two keys to encrypt data − a public key known to everyone and a private or secret key known only to the recipient of the message. Both Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer support SSL, and many Web sites use the protocol to obtain confidential user information, such as credit card numbers.
sgarstan

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 pm

I think SSL to be more useful for securing a web site than for securing a web service, since the connection may very well remain open for weeks. But be sure while setting SSL to protect data submitted in a form, direct your form results to a secure page or script contained in your SSL directory.
cashone

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Namecheap has $2 SSLs atm, i can recommend them. :roll:
postcd

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 pm

IT security can mean a lot of different things, depending on who's hosting your servers. Security could mean that your server is just sitting in a concrete building with limited access. Or, it may mean that your servers are sitting behind a firewall that's not even configured right.
liamrowee

Return to Web Hosting