My Views-Why Affiliate Marketers Fail?

Sat May 21, 2011 9:14 am

Most affiliate marketers fail for different reasons.Here are some reasons from me.I hope members will add more.

-dont have enough knowledge
-dont focus on single and play with multiple
-dont know how to market a product
-dont know how to build relationships with existing customers and turn them into regular and long term customers.
-dont like to work hard
ishuvonet

Wed May 25, 2011 7:12 am

It's great that you know why people fail but would be better if you can recommend what to do instead.
Not having the knowledge is always relative, I bet that all of us started with no knowledge, so the solution is: TRY! and learn from your mistakes
Focusing on various niches is always beneficial, just in case something goes wrong you will always have a "Plan B"
Building relationship with your customers it's not easy but as long as you are straight with them, offer a good support and fair prices for the products you are promoting, you will be fine.
Finally, working hard is necessary, yes... so anyone thinking that affiliate marketing is an easy money maker, then you'd better do something else for a living :)
Just my thoughts...
Vicky from DNP

Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 am

I would say "time".

Many of us have full time jobs and we come home tired. If you want to make money through affiliate marketing, i believe you have to have some dedication at least to put many hours on your websiteevery day. How many people having full time jobs can spend couple of hours everyday on their websites for a long period of time?
chuckgs

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm

chuckgs wrote:Many of us have full time jobs and we come home tired.

So true.

When I was building my business, I used to get out of bed at dawn and often went to bed about midnight. It was REALLY determined to succeed.

If I was starting again, I'd try to work smarter, instead of longer. A lot of new affiliates devote their time to creating websites that aren't worth visiting and aren't worth linking to. That's so shortsighted.

By the way chucks, perhaps you were tired when it created your signature file. The link is faulty. ;)
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Chuck,
I took pity and edited your signature!!

You forgot your dot com.

Wally Morgan - Moderator
administrator
Site Admin

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks for the correction Wally & Allan. Guess I was tired :)

AllanGardyne wrote:If I was starting again, I'd try to work smarter, instead of longer.

So true Allan, in the past I have build many website and put many hours on it(I was even spending my lunch breaks in front of PC...or should I say I was working on my websites when I was supposed to be working:)

I won't lie Alan, I even built a site similar to yours. It didn't work well for me. Or let me say I wasn't determined to succeed.

For the last 2-3 years, I have had 9-10 sites (about food recipes, making money online-although I didn't make a dime at that time-, electronic products , ebooks, health supplements, ecigs, hemorrhoids, forex etc.)
and after 2-3 years of constant failure, I have built a website on January 2013, and the results are positive so far...for the first time.

Like you have stated above Alan, dedication is one of the key factors to succeed.
chuckgs

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi Chuck, CouponsRoad looks good.

Are you going to start an email list to help you get repeat visitors?
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Allan,

I have just added the newsletter signup. I really appreciate your help. :)
chuckgs

I've Been There. You Have To Love Affiliate Marketing First

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:05 am

One thing I did learn when it comes to affiliate marketing is:

You have to be dedicated to what product you are trying to sell.

Also, many don't know how to get website traffic to their offers.

Another, you have many many marketers out there who are still searching for that Silver Bullet.

One needs to stop trying to make money on so many different things at one time. One should launch one product at a time. When that one product is working for you and you are generating cash,then
you should move on to the next one.

You definitely have to have a love for affiliate marketing to make having a business online worth it.

Believe me, you can make money with affiliate marketing.I work at home and I am loving it:)

If this is still something you would like to do in finding ways to make money on the Internet, don't stop. Keep it going. Just be careful because there
are tons of scams on the Internet. Learn everything you can about Affiliate Marketing because it can work for you.
uni350

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Here's something for you guys and ladies to think about.

One of the major reason why most internet affiliate marketers fail even when they know how to market online is that they focus on promoting the wrong programs.

What do I mean by the wrong programs? Well, they promote programs that pay them a one time commission. When you get paid once, there is no chance for your income to grow.

You need to work with programs that pay you residual income and also from the efforts of others. You should work with 2 tier programs.
talfighel

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates