Paid advertising in Classified sites

Wed May 11, 2011 10:11 am

Hi there,

I am not very active in this forum, but I think there
are many experienced marketer, who can help me a bit
for paid advertising in free classifieds sites buying featured ads (highlitted, bolded and so on).

So any success buying paid advertising from free classified sites, rather than just posting free ads?

Thanks
Tadas
f5mtadas

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 am

I ran a test on backpage.com over the past couple months. Figured I'd try their paid sponsored ad slots. So I put up about 7 ads and let it rip! I also purchased some auto repost ads that go back to the top of the main general ad section every 3 days.

Well I let my ads run about 2 months+ and really it was a drag. I did gain some visitors but not as many as I had expected from targeted financial CPA financial offers.

Basically I got about an average of one visitor or less per day off all this. So I guess backpage is really just mainly another one of those freee ad sites where people flock to post their ads but really not concerned with checking out other people's ads. I won't be purchasing from them again.
multimastery

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 am

multimastery wrote:I ran a test on backpage.com over the past couple months. Figured I'd try their paid sponsored ad slots. So I put up about 7 ads and let it rip! I also purchased some auto repost ads that go back to the top of the main general ad section every 3 days.

Well I let my ads run about 2 months+ and really it was a drag. I did gain some visitors but not as many as I had expected from targeted financial CPA financial offers.

Basically I got about an average of one visitor or less per day off all this. So I guess backpage is really just mainly another one of those freee ad sites where people flock to post their ads but really not concerned with checking out other people's ads. I won't be purchasing from them again.

and I also think it is better to buy
re-posting rather than highlited ads
on the right site. Now I see that
I get clicks, but no leads, no sign ups.

It is also a bit strange why is that because
why people clicks on those ads for nothing?

Tadas
f5mtadas

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:05 am

Could be clicking out of curiosity - or competitors clicking trying to see your offer so they can copy it or make there's better - or I wouldn't even be surprised if Backpage has staff clicking on the links to string advertisers along and make them think they're getting somewhere. Yes I said it! I wouldn't even be surprised of that.

I had a free account with them before I started paid advertising and it seems like every time I turned around my ads were getting flagged and deleted for no good reason.

At one point it got so bad all my free ads were flagged and deleted...good well thought I ads!

I got so pissed, I emailed them to find out what in the heck was going on, and they basically said "oh nothing my account is in good standing."

Well it kept happening, and that's when I decided to just pay for the ads coz I saw where they wrote paid ads can't be flagged or deleted. So I said what the heck, I'll just pay and avoid all the BS.

And now that I think about it, I really think that was a slick tactic done by them just to get me to upgrade. Call me crazy if you want but I've seen a lot of companies do a lot of things to generate sales.
multimastery

Return to Paid Advertising