Some Great Advice for Newbies

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi -

I want to share some thoughts in regard to starting online marketing and the big problem I ran into as a newbie, in an effort to others avoid the same (For the veteran marketers, please forgive this simple post).

When I started this internet marketing business 9 months ago I jumped straight into Clickbank and tried to promote several products using e-mail marketing. There was one big exclusion to my understanding that is just so obvious now, that I almost quit because I was getting nowhere. While all of the products were cool and all of the promises of money flowing in sounded great, this just did not happen.

The one principle that I did not understand for several months was that I needed to build MY OWN LIST. Although there are steps to succeeding in the business, I hope that not every newbie goes through what I did. Once I figured this out, I stopped for weeks and put some thought into this business.

So here are the 4 steps to creating long term success, and although simple, the fundamentals are the most important thing to every aspect in life:

Build A Website >
Give Away A Free VALUABLE Gift (eBook, video training, etc...) >
Build My List >
and finally, Market and Promote To My List.

All that was lacking was my education, understanding an implementation of how to do these things. I then researched and found great teaching sources.

Bottom line, as a newbie, one should not be led down the road of promoting a product without the tools of building your own list....this is the only avenue for online marketing success in the long run.

Stacy
sjetton

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:47 am

These are really some good advices indeed for the newbies.I hope it would help them.
ishuvonet

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Stacy,

Every guru out there says that you need to build a list in order to make some great money. I agree with that but sometimes you don't need it.

I have seen a lot of people directly promote a product as an affiliate on Google and Yahoo and have done well.

Some gurus say that you need a list and others who don't have a list and are doing well, say the opposite. It all depends on what works for you.

Tal
talfighel

Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 pm

nice tips..
additional to the topic

never expect immediate results,you wil never get immediate results in SEO. You must have patience..you must agree to spend lots of time with good patience.
sarah.brooks

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:36 am

I am completely agree with you that If you become masters in any field then you have to keep some patience or else have to take training courses. So, there is no confusion regarding any subject.
annahussy

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:04 am

Now a days there are lots of resources through online marketing. You can research on it or else you just go through the particular websites. From that You can get plenty of options as well. Online tutorial will also help you a lot.
annahussy

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:54 pm

The thing to remember about building a mailing list is that although it takes time to build up, you'll get better conversions because people who subscribe are very "in tune" with what you're doing.

Over time they come to feel they know and trust you - two valuable assets in getting someone to push the Buy Now button.
GeniusStartup

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:26 pm

I am totally agree with you about some great advice for newbies. I think your article is so much important to me because really I am a newbie about this subject. Thanks for your useful tips sharing.
Zavier

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates