Adwords Question

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:41 pm

I am using Adwords to promote my landing page. My landing page was provided to me by the website I am promoting. I bought my own domain and hosting and thought this would be good enough for Adwords.

However, they sent an email saying I was breaking the guidelines by not using original content or something like that.

I'm not very good at making landing pages...Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
affiliatemarketer22

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 pm

When it comes to marketing your website, the data you post needs to be relevant and it must be original. Plagiarism will get your ranking lowered or even banded.
Ares

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 am

Hello friend,

There has been a bit of discussion somewhere about it and it's quite important to discuss about.

Incorporation of the Landing pages should be into a fully functioned web site with lots of original content. Then, you can market with landing pages but the landing pages must be within the context of a full site. Some rules are to be followed:

Your landing page website should contain the following pages as standard:

1. Sitemap - this should be accessible from all pages of your site.
2. Privacy Policy - lots of resources on the web to create one of these, just Google “privacy policy”.
3. Terms and Conditions - as above, here is a good resource.
4. Contact Us - with full physical postal address and telephone number.
5. About Us - description of what the purpose of the website is and the business operating it, i.e. you.

OK now that you have these basic pages, consider adding these pages too:

1. News - add a page where you regularly update with newsworthy stories related to the niche you are promoting.
2. Blog - like a news page but you can also add editorial comments here and opinions.
3. How To or What Is Guide - pages/pages with detailed unique content describing the product/service you are promoting and how they work. I.e. if you have a coupon site then add some pages describing what coupons are and how they work, an idiots guide really.
4. FAQ’s - think of every question related to the product/service you are promoting then list them and answer them here.
5. Glossary - every industry has its own terminology, create an A-Z of industry specific jargon here and define it.
6. Deals/Offer pages - again everyone has specific deals and offers, so list the ones relevant to your product/service on their own page.
7. Individual product/pages - likewise the chances are that your product/service will have different components. I.e. a certain brand of credit card will have a gold card, platinum card, reward card etc. So build pages for each product containing very detailed information, more so that you would find on a traditional landing page.
8. Submit your review - offer your users the opportunity to submit their own product/reviews. Not only does this create stickiness but it gives you free content.

Thanks,
Dag Arbisa
dagarbisa

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:13 am

Being an affiliate and using Google Adwords is pretty tough these days - their whole Quality Score thing is a nightmare.

Here's a good post you should read: http://ppcblog.com/adwords-affiliates/

Basically, Google wants "quality" sites to appear in the paid listings, so over time users will be more inclined to click those ads
Affpunk

Return to Paid Advertising