Adding video to my site - Youtube video OK?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:34 am

Hi all,

I'm planning on putting a video for one of my sites. I was thinking of making a youtube video and simply embedding it to my webpage. Is there anything wrong with this? The only thing I can think of is that some countries have banned youtube, or maybe youtube videos are slow to load when embedded on a webpage? Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it, but then again, I'm always learning new things.

If anyone is kind enough to share their experiences with posting videos on their site using some kind of software, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
-Serge
sir_serge

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Make sure you create a good profile on your Youtube Site.

When people double click a Youtube video it takes them to Youtube away from your site. If they find other similar content more interesting then they are gone.
InternetMarketingIQ

youtube marketing

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 pm

well... here's one important point... if you're embedding BECAUSE you want youtube backlinks... it wont work. Youtube is 100% NOFOLLOW

sure you'll be cited as a link but it's worthless. There's a lot of detail here about how you CAN use Youtube instead.. - Youtube Marketing
sparkah

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:45 am

Actually I feel that using youtube is good because everyone who uses the internet hears about youtube. So placing your videos on youtube is a great advantage for traffic wise, but like what the above said, people will tend to go to other videos related to your topic. You may want to google alternatives of youtube and place your videos there, then embed them unto your blog.
Here's one blogger who blog about it:

http://memeburn.com/2010/07/four-altern ... marketing/
Vimeo seems quite popular:
http://www.vimeo.com/
addice

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:18 pm

it wont work. Youtube is 100% NOFOLLOW sure you'll be cited as a link but it's worthless.

1. Google is NOT the only player
2. If you think that nofollow links are worthless then you are doing it wrong

Time to up your game.
InternetMarketingIQ

Return to How to Earn More