[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
I guess my question is "How to Blog" : Blogging For Beginners

I guess my question is "How to Blog"

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 am

It looks like there are some experienced Bloggers on this Forum. Do you think I might get someone to give me a little advise?

I have a WP blog. I don't want to have all the articles run down the first page. I've been trying to write an introduction on the first page and hyperlink to read more. Problem is I don't know where to put the complete article. I would also like to have a comment form at the bottom of each article for feedback.

As you can see I'm not too smart when it comes to Blogging. OK, I know you're thinking He's not very smart period. But I hope you know what I'm talking about. I hope I explained it well enough, sometimes I don't understand what I said the next day.
Tryme

Where do those blogs really go?

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Tryme,

I understand you perfectly. You want your blog heading and the first sentence or so to attract your customer/viewer but then point them to the bulk of the article elsewhere? But where?

I am not familiar with Wordpress, but at Blogspot I have up to 10 pages I can create for my blog. Let's suppose you have additional pages to use as well. Create a different topic for each page, for example,
Topic 1 Money Topic 2 Magic Topic 3 Murder.

So on the first page of your blog you say something, like "How To Get Rich, Quick" tools and tips for making the most money ever, guaranteed..." read more.

Then you link the read more to the Money page.

Later in the day you write a blog about Magic, and you link IT to the Magic page. Same with Murder.

The other way its done is to link it to a page in your actual website. You can link to anywhere you want, you just have to own the new location or have power to modify it.

Hope this helps
Ginny
ggflower

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am

Hi Ginny,

Thanks a lot, you were a big help. I had never thought about referring to pages om my website.

I told you I wasn't tooo smart. I was thinking I needed to keep everything on the blog.

Thanks again,

Tryme
Tryme

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm

InternetMarketingIQ

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 am

InternetMarketingIQ

Sorry it has taken so long to say thank you for the info.
I have been reading Wp Docs. and learning some.

I guess it is about time I practice what I have
learned although I'm still a little fuzzy on the
information.

Now I need to know how to keep my wife from
reading over my sholder? She said I was always
a little fuzzy.
Tryme

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 pm

I started blogging by focusing on what I know. I am well connected in my community and stay current on what is going on. I began to write about events, businesses and prominent people in the community and partnering with other organizations. I am a writer by training and passion so focusing on quality content was important from the very beginning.
vanmed

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Jose Perez

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:30 am

arenee

Return to Blogging For Beginners