Please Help With This Question About Blog Commenting

Wed May 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Hello,
I hope this is the right section. I would really appreciate help from anyone who can answer this question for me. I posted a similar question under the Articles section, but no one ever answered my question.

I would like to know if it is ok or if anyone has ever commented on someone else's blog and put their link to the article they wrote about, for example, if I posted a comment on a golf blog commenting site and left my name and link to an article I wrote on Ehow about golf, and visitors that saw that comment on someone else's blog, clicked on the Ehow link to my golf article, would that be alright or is it just for anyone that has a blog or website link that can only leave comments on a blog? Can I use keywordLUV on someone else's blog and the link points back to my article? Please help. I would really appreciate your answer. Thank you so much.
Darletti

Thu May 13, 2010 5:54 pm

It depends on the blog owner, and how the comment is written.

For my part, I sometimes allow links inside the comment. No, "links" is maybe not the right word. "Link" would be more correct. But there has to be a very good reason.

If you want to make sure that your comments get approved, you can leave your URL in the form assigned to that purpose, and your name will show up as a link.

Whether or not people will click on that link depends on the quality of your comment.
BrittMalka

Tue May 18, 2010 7:19 pm

It depends on the blog`s author..some people won`t allow this, but some people will, if the link you provided is relevant to their article
digital29

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:16 pm

As is mentioned above, it all depends on the author of the blog. Someone of them might be open to commenters posting links, others might immediately view it as spam.
It also depends on the nature of the link and whether it's organic to the comment and the post. If it fits and has a place being left with the comment, then it's probably ok.
jonnyrhinestone

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:21 am

I had a small blog in which I allow keyword with link, but moderate it before approval. If the website link is genuine I will approved it. If not I report as spam.
susnt

Return to Blogging For Beginners