Email Marketing

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:25 am

I own a small business and I have a list of 20,000 people of my city, so I want to send them emails to advertise my business, can any one tell me any free-software designed for this purpose like "outlook" but a little advanced like one used in "Email-marketing"and "Opt In Email Advertising company". help would be really very appreciated
Anni

Email Marketing

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 am

Did you guys check http://www.ucrux.com?
Anni

Email Marketing

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:38 am

Thanks! Seems to be a good place to run email campaigns.
lisa2010

Re: Email Marketing

Sun May 02, 2010 11:44 am

lisa2010 wrote:Thanks! Seems to be a good place to run email campaigns.

Just make sure you are in compliance with this:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busines ... bus61.shtm
AllanJames

Email Marketing

Sat May 08, 2010 3:16 am

Hey Allan, I am not compliance with your mentioned site.
Anni

Re: Email Marketing

Sat May 08, 2010 4:02 am

Anni wrote:Hey Allan, I am not compliance with your mentioned site.

Ok Anni, that leaves you with a business decision to make.

I guess it boils down to whatever you judge in your case the risks are versus the potential rewards, in your particular situation.

I assume your list is of people who have not given you express permission to email them?

If so I can tell you that my affiliates come from a vast range of backgrounds and businesses, including offline businesses, and all I can say is that many have tried mailing to list like this, with very poor results (it's a bit like cold calling really - but often even more annoying to the recipient), and have placed them selves at regulatory risk by doing so.

Long term they found that having a way for people to subscribe (optin and give permission) via a capture page is a better long term solution because it keeps you on the right side of the rules, and allows you to develop a productive relationship with your potential customers.

There are many ways to lead people to a capture page, too many to relate here and now, but if I can help any more just let me know.
AllanJames

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 pm

I have tried e-mail marketing and also sending letters to 10,000 people in the area. These both had very poor results( only .02% of letters turned results). Since then I have found that finding people on Facebook or Twitter who live in your city can be very effective and much more personal. When you receive advertising e-mails from an unknown sender it feels like spam, which will lose your company integrity. Not all exposure to your business is good exposure. Also, check to see if your town has a forum dedicated to residents. This can be a great place to meet and tell people about your business(and maybe have fun!).
lgabrick

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:51 am

Email marketing is the heart and soul of online marketing. It is fastest and amazing marketing method when you use it correctly moreover you can use it at low inclusive price.
teilysmith

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 pm

-1and1soft
-mailchimp

I did not use any of them but certainly you can take a look at them whether they're going to meet your needs.
ishuvonet

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 am

Email marketing is a process of soliciting business prospects via email. It is essentially the same as direct mail except that instead of sending mail through the postal service, messages are sent electronically via email.
Steve Smith

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 am

Get the software package from here http://www.emailmarketingprofessional.com/

I always use that. Just try that and give the feedback.
ben.ryan12

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 am

Well that's true. Email marketing is very effective and useful to almost any company out there, that's why so many people are still paying big money to buy off email listings just to get some desired results.
Mark Daniels

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:38 am

I think that E-mail marketing is also very affordable and easy way of online marketing.
williammorales109

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm

williammorales109 wrote:I think that E-mail marketing is also very affordable and easy way of online marketing.

William,

Email marketing is an effective way to get more and more buyers. When you have someone opt into your newsletter, you can email them anything you want and anytime.

I personally don't build a list anymore in the home business niche because what I found in the past 1-2 years from my own personal experience is that while someone joins your list, you can be assured that they are also on some other lists out there and they are probably already getting a lot of emails from them too.

So they are bombarded with emails all the time about different opportunities.

If you are in the home business niche, which I know that some of you are, it would be better for you to send people to a sales video page to close people.

That is what I am doing with good results.
talfighel

Return to Paid Advertising