[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Do not forget to backup your blog database : Blogging For Beginners

Do not forget to backup your blog database

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:43 am

If you've just started blogging, have always in mind that all your work can disappear in a wink!

From my own experience I can tell you that your blog can vanish in a moment, leaving no trace of all those precious posts and comments and whatever customization you might have implemented.

I cannot stress hard enough how convenient it is for you to backup the database behind your blog. It really doesn't get much more complicated than adding a plugin. Also from experience, I know that WP-DB-Backup, a plugin from can help you restore your blog fast.

Do not live dangerously with an non-backed-up database, install this plugin into you blog!
Jose Perez

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 am

Pick the right host and you don't need to worry about it.
InternetMarketingIQ

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 pm

IM IQ,
Since I've had problems with my blog more than once, your comment makes a lot of sense to me now.

Any suggestions on reliable hosts, for that matter?
Jose Perez

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:21 am

Rochen is a good example of an affordable host that offers.

And while I am an affiliate and chose to promote their service above all others I use a number of hosts.

This is not an affiliate link and will tell you a bit about how they do backup:

http://www.rochenhost.com/about/managed-backups/

For me it's worth paying for a hosting company with top notch equipment, backups, and customer support.

I've had the need to restore back up copies of several of my sites.

I do actually do an occasional backup with cPanel where I keep copies on my local machine but for the every day backups I rely on the host.

I can send an email and within a couple of hours have any of my sites fully restored to yesterdays copy.

If I had to do daily backups on my own for all my sites I'd be spending a couple of hours. Too many sites too much wasted bandwidth downloading.

You really don't pay much more for a top of the line host than an average host. In some cases you don't pay more at all.
InternetMarketingIQ

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks a lot for the information on Rochen, IM IQ, I'll certainly go in there and take a look.
Jose Perez

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm

digital29

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 am

digital29,

That's a darn good habit to have! :!:
Jose Perez

Return to Blogging For Beginners