Writing articles in under an hour?

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Hey, I have really little time to work on my affiliate business at the moment, but I still want to make sure I do as much as possible because, well, i love the long term revenue and long breaks and fredom. But, for the moment and the foreseable next few months I'll only have a few hours every day (2-3 at most).

So I'm curious, how long does it usually take you guys to write a 250-300 words articles? For me, it's usually at least an hour (with research, checking and rechecking, creating the web page, finding and adding images), usualy two hours or so (I never actually measured that but that's where I'm currently at. )

I'm interested in shortening that time to somewhere around 30-45 minutes max.. But I'm not really sure it's possible.. so, is there anybody who's actualy doing this?

I especially love Allan's article on "Improving your writing" and what stuck with me was his advice to just write it and put it online, and then I'll come back some other time to fix anything. THat advice is great and that's what I've been doing lately, but I'm still not close to the 30 minutes goal.

So, any ideas, thoughts? I appreaciate your help! Thanks!
Eugen

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm in the same boat you're in when it come to writing articles. I know that some people can crank articles out in 20 or 30 minutes. Some people are just gifted in that particular area. Also, some people use a template to help them write articles more quickly.

I have also heard that it depends on your goal when you write articles e.g Some people write articles to educate the reader which could take more time for research. Then there are people who write article only for the traffic, so they only focus on a technique which doesn't take as much time to write but you need to know the technique in order to be successful geting traffic.

Truby
truby

Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Why worry about time? Spend how ever long it takes to write an article people will want to read.

What is the point if only 2 people read your post because it is done quickly?

What if it takes you all week to write one good article that 1,000 people will read, and even better repost with your links.

You are totally thinking about you and not thinking at all about your customer and the net effect of article distribution. Bad plan.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:53 am

I never complete one article in a short time. It usually takes me at least couple days to finish one because most of the rime I'm easily running out of ideas. So I'm not that good on writing article as most of you. Hopefully I will improve my writing in the future.

Thanks
Khaony
khaony

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:14 am

Hi, thanks for all your replies.

Quest, I think you got the idea that I'm into writing spammy sites fast. I actually don't like that idea. I'm usually writing reviews and informative articles about some brands and their products. For instance, take a look at this article I wrote yesterday :

http://www.a1-sneakers.com/onitsuka-tig ... kers.shtml

This one took me over and hour, i didn't time it. I personally think it's a pretty good article, and definitely, much better than anything that's showing up in google for the same keyword.

And right after I wrote this post on the forum, I went ahead and wrote another article. This time, I made it in under an hour. Maybe, with the editing, uploading and adding the image I went over an hour, but it was fast anyway. Here it is:

http://www.a1-sneakers.com/onitsuka-tiger-gantrai.shtml

Maybe these post are crap and I'm using the wrong approach.. Tell me that and I'll have to reconsider my whole affiliate business plan.

I'm not writing 'how to' article because these really require lots of research and responsability. I don't want to feed people with misinformation. The type of articles that I'm writing require just a little research (because there isn't really much information available out there about these topics/models/brands in the first place), a little writing and just putting it up on the internet. If there are mistakes, I'll fix them later.

Again, maybe this is a wrong approach on my behalf and they aren't exactly the type of articles people would want to link to or even read.

Please take a look at these two articles (and maybe the rest of the site) and tell me what you think. Maybe this should go into the Site review section.

Actually, just writing this post made me figure out a system for creating these articles.. I'll have to put a little more thought into it though. But the idea truby suggested, of using some king of template and just changing the keywords, that's definitely not a good idea the way i see it. That's a clear spam signal.

I'm interesting in creating short informative articles (like the ones I gave as example earlier) that would bring traffic from not so competitive keywords on Google. For more competitive keywords, more research is obviously needed.

I'm looking forward for the next replies.

Thanks again!
Eugen

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:30 am

Eugen,
I was horrified to read not "mens sana in corpore sano" but your version which has had the corporate whitewash to "anima sana ...".

Then I googled and got this:
"Did you know that Asics stands for 'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano', which translates as 'a sound mind in a sound body'."

All to satisfy the ASICS logo.

There goes my high school Latin!!

Anyway, a bit lighter on the use of URLs, please.

Wally Morgan - Moderator
administrator
Site Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Wally, I'll be careful with the links next time. Sorry about that.

As for the "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano", latin wasn't really one the the things I loved about High School.. I got that bit of information from the Wikipedia page on Asics so I kind of had to trust it.
Eugen

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:08 am

Even if you take 2-3 hours per a single article, it doesn't matter. What matters is the uniqueness and the quality of the article.
psp

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Another option is to buy DragonSpeak ( http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/ ) and just fire away.

If I remember correctly, the top guy at EzineArticles.com uses that software to bang out as many articles as he's done.
Voasi

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Check out this link http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_g ... l_pricing/
10_easy_steps_for_writing_750_word_articles_in_under_an_hour.html
[URL split to allow page format to be retained-Moderator]
It provides 10 useful tips to write articles in under an hour.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
JeffCliff

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:46 pm

I agree that you need to take as long as it takes to write a good quality article with unique content.

However, I do think that the more you do the more confident you become, and the whole process will probably speed up. I must admit that I have an advantage as I also write as a profession and have been writing all my life, so it probably takes around half an hour - but it can take longer if I need to do lots of research. But I probably took at lot longer when I first started writing articles!

Ros
writer-ros

Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:45 am

Thanks all! I agree that for a high quality article you should take as much time as needed.

I remember I listned to one of James Martell's interviews where his guest had this software and he would just talk about that particular keyword as he was doing the research from the internet, books, magazines or other sources.. after that he would simply correct it and he would easily have a 400-500 words keyword rich article. That's really not a good solution for me because English is not my first language (I'm fluent, but it doesn't really come naturally yet) and also, in my current situation, (living in the same house with lots of students) would appear at least a little bit creepy..

I was interested in the techniques the professional copywriters have. With ~10$ an article, it makes sense for them to want to write as many as fast as possible.. Many people here use copywriters for their sites. So, if copywriters cand create high quality articles fast, then so could I if I knew their technique.

JeffCliff, thank you so much for that link! It's great! Bookmarked it for quick reference.

Thank you all again.1 I'm going to write a quick article now!
Eugen

Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 am

Eugen wrote:Thanks all! I agree that for a high quality article you should take as much time as needed.

... I'm going to write a quick article now!

No problem at all!

Curious as to how your next article went, have you had any success with time crunching yet?

[Excessive quoting of previous post deleted. Please quote selectively. Admin.]
JeffCliff

Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:17 am

Hey,

I know this is already an old thread, but I had to come back to it.

In my first post I was too optimistic.. those 2-3 hours I was talking about were just a dream.. I was just too tired and busy to get on with it. Only now do I have the time to get back to it and start doing business :D

But it's all been very useful. Yesterday I wrote my first article in a month and I managed to get it in exactly half an hour. Today I wrote another one in even less than that.

Here's a link to the first of the two:

http:// www. goarticles .com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2006013
(I've broken the link)

I think it's a great article and I still can't believe I did it in only 30 minutes. It means it's possible and I can do even better than this. These '10 tips' type article are gold!

The most time wasting part is submitting to the directories. I did it manually for 10 article directories and it took me like and hour or so..

Maybe I should look for a good distribution software to do this. I purchased some distribution credits at iSnare a while ago), but I haven't seen any good results with it so far.. Do you guys know of a good program that's also cheap? Something that would submit my articles even to ezinearticles, amongst tens of other article directories?

Now that I've managed to get a system for writing article fast, I must look for a way to make the whole process of writing+creating the page+uploading+creating the sitemap in under half an hour. I'm sure it's possible and I'm going to do it!
Eugen

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:06 am

Hi Eugen, Welcome back! And thanks for the update.

Wally the moderator has moved your post into the new "Article Writing and Article Directories" section. That's a new section which we probably didn't have last time you were here. If you explore it, you'll find find posts on article submission software.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Next

Return to Article Writing and Article Directories