Press release or article submission?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Both press release and article submission are the basic ways to do general marketing. Which one do you prefer? Or do you confuse them?
ronaldlee

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Press Release and article are definately different each other. I would say Press Release is a lot more powerful than articles, however, if you have some writing skills, you should do the articles and submit to the article sites that drive traffics.
halljeffhall

Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:26 pm

How about doing Both?
varunpratap

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:17 pm

I also think doing both will serve you best as each targets a different audience. Although article marketing works best for me and i will suggest submitting to high quality article sites for maximum exposure. With article marketing you can write 'how to' articles which will bring traffic to your site after visitors have finished reading it. To increase website traffic with article marketing read this post... http://www.d3webdesigns.com/increase-we ... affic.html

Unlike article marketing, press release is to let the world know about a new service you offer. If you would like to learn more about how to write a press release this might help... http://www.d3webdesigns.com/free-press-release.html

Hope this helps.
dizi23

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 pm

I think press releases are great for quick attention and articles are good foundation. Although enough marketing on the articles can get you quick attention too.
Louie

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:14 am

Article submission is a very powerful tool for search engine optimization. anybody with a good knowledge and skill in the use of article writing can make of it one of the best SEO devices, and a traffic generating tool in no time. The main aim of article submission the placement and use of strategic links to the target pages.

Press Release Submission
SEO press releases can bring you first-page visibility for your keywords very quickly. Sometimes, you can take over multiple spots on the first page of Google for your keywords.
Jenie0109

Re: Press release or article submission?

Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 pm

ronaldlee wrote:Both press release and article submission are the basic ways to do general marketing. Which one do you prefer? Or do you confuse them?

I would do both but space them out. Say maybe press release 1 week and the next week article submission. You don't want to compete against yourself 8)
pablo62

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I think both article and pr submission is important from marketing perspective.
nirav

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Both are excellent, but they serve different purposes.

Press Release sites are designed to get the news out about a particular product, but it has to be written in a news worthy fashion. The reason is because press releases were originally designed for reporters and journalists to be able to have something to write about for their big news papers.

The internet sort of changes that with SEO press releases. Not only can journalists read what's hot to trot, but regular people can, too.

Some of the free SEO press release sites out there like free-press-release.com might have more relaxed rules about how you write your press release, but most PR sites are very strict about writing in a proper press release format.

There's a really good site at http://SEOContentSolutions.com that has a link about SEO press releases and a free downloadable ebook that shows you how to write one properly. Because if you do it wrong, the good PR sites won't accept your press release.

Nonetheless...

A press release does an excellent job of getting your site indexed fast on Google -- within hours! You can get all kinds of backlinks and may even rank well for even some competitive keywords. It's not guaranteed because it will depend on your competitor's linking authority and their ranking, but you will get indexed.

Articles probably are the most flexible because the content you write in an article does a better job directly speaking to the reader and convincing them to take action.

In an article you can say things like: "One of the best ways to do affiliate marketing is get some free help from a forum like Associate Programs. It's a great place for newbies to start..."

With a press release it's more like, "Associate Programs just celebrated their 1200th year in affiliate marketing networking. Known for helping newbies with tips on how to make money online..."

Articles and Press Releases both have their pluses, but the keyword research is on YOU! So make sure you choose a keyword that you can rank for.
gowriter

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 am

Press releases are more powerful,on the assumption of course there is something valid to say within the release.Press realease is better than the article submission.I have used Press releases.
rdgpeterson

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:39 am

Hello,

Although both are good but I prefer Press releases
cyberdesignz

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 am

Article marketing for sure. They bring more traffic.
writely

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:28 am

I think article writing drives more traffic than press release. But since it also on of the tool which could be used, why just leave it. Use it.
peterjones

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:35 am

Article Submission is one of an most effective way to increase keyword position in search engine.

Press Release is technique in which you can directly represent your company.
susnt

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Press Releases are more useful than articles, but they are bound for news pieces only. Articles can include almost anything. If you can use these two ina combination, then it would be a great combination. You can use the same keywords in both your articles and in the Press Release. This will not only help in business marketing but will help increase your website traffic.
lindamartin88

Next

Return to Article Writing and Article Directories