Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:04 am

Forums and blogs both are very different from one another. The forums are particularly ideal for organizing the topics for discussion in groups and subgroups.
jairus57

Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:08 pm

They're not the same thing, so it really depends what your objective is.
If you've got things you want to write about, and you'd like to hear some feedback, then a blog is probably the best choice. People can comment on your posts and have limited discussions.
If you want other people to talk and discuss about other topics, then a forum is best for that. People can post their own articles, ask questions, and discuss all of these with the other members of the forum.
jonnyrhinestone

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:58 am

Forums generally require registration before users can post comments in addition forums often allow users to send private messages to one anotrums encourage community when users register for a forum they are not only able to find information on topics that interest them,Blogs also encourage dialogue between users, but in a different way. First, blogs do not necessarily require registration (though you can set yours up to require users to register before posting), In addition, blogs do not allow privte interactions in the same way that forums do, The point of a blog is more about the posting of articles and other topical content.
riskfatlate

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 am

A blog can operate as a one-way news column model,or it can function as a two-way device whereby readers can respond.Forums generally require registration before users can post comments.One important feature that blogs offer is RSS.Bloggers can setup their blog to offer RSS feeds.
andrewgibs

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 am

It was really good discussion that is done over here.Blog is a diary or news column type of page display,normally with a comments section for readers' opinion and Forum is a noticeboard program that allows people to start new topics or respond to existing ones.Forum software for the Web has been around for just about as long as the Web.
bruceparnell

Mon May 02, 2011 7:07 am

Blog and forums both are different thing. Blog does not required registration while forum needs to be registration. Blog is like keynote or speech where we have to give reviews about particular topic. Where as forums are like online discussion.
carolynm

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:52 am

With a blog, you are setting the tone with your posts and guiding the community with your content. With a forum, you are relying more on the members to make the forum a success. And because of that, it takes a lot more traffic to get it going. So I'm not really sure it's a question of what do people like more because I think they like both. It's more of a question about what is the purpose? For example, I created WB because I wanted a way to help grow my credibility by helping people publicly. I kept getting so many of the same questions about website building so this forum has helped ease my e-mail load because I often direct people here if they need help.
Steve Smith

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:45 am

Forum and blogs are totally different. Blogs are meant for online marketing and forums are to have good discussions and sharing of information.
Kevin Fernandez

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 am

If you are planning to have a discussion board then forum would be the best option. If you are planning to update new posts, then blog is the best option for your site.
MiaBlake

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 pm

my two cents: you can have both, blog and forum in the same website and make them interact.

It's a complex solution, of course, but very interesting.
Jake The Competition Man

Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 pm

I think both of them are beneficial for us after Google updates
upfamilycarehome

Previous

Return to Blogging For Beginners