Question About Article Marketing

Sun May 17, 2009 7:53 am

This idea came into my mind and i was thinking of trying it out but i had a second a thought. Let me say i pick a product like fat loss 4 idiots at cb and write an article about "how to loss weight" and at my resource box i place a direct link to fat loss 4 idiots official site. Would this make me get good ranking at google? As in will put the link of a popular site related to the article i wrote make me get good ranking at search engines?
bigmodo

Sun May 17, 2009 6:20 pm

It will have little effect on anything. It's another article for the article directory and another link for the weight loss site.

Do you want to make money or do you want to rank? If a directory lets you direct link to an affiliate site then go for it. Cuts out all the potential links where people can drop off.

Focus on the customer.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Mon May 18, 2009 7:09 am

The reason i want to do this is because i don't get much views from the article i submit at ezinearticles. Even though i do a thorough keyword research and chose good keywords, i always end up with 20 to 50 views which makes me sad. So i though if i put a link to a popular site at my resource i am going to get many views.
bigmodo

Tue May 19, 2009 12:56 am

bigmodo wrote:The reason i want to do this is because i don't get much views from the article i submit at ezinearticles.

Perhaps you could attract more views if you wrote more eye-catching headings on your articles.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 am

People mostly write the articles for backlinks so it's not a huge surprise your articles aren't resulting in direct traffic. Adding an authority link on your articles will not help it rank any better. If the authority site linked to you it would help, but that is the only scenario where you benefit. Best approach is to write on topics you know about and leave 1-3 anchor text links pointing to one of your sites at the end of the article. Eventually you will rank for the terms.
CharacterPlanet

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:45 am

I'm not sure if it has RSS feeds, but GoArticles is a good high PR one and the articles usually go live instantly. That might be more what you're looking for.
lancehibner

Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:18 pm

In most cases, article directories will not allow you to link to affiliate products - you will need to link to a landing page that links to the products you are promoting. One exception, however, is Goarticles.com - they are affiliate link friendly, at least right now.
Getagrip7

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 am

i think its not good. i think you are not aiming for the page rank its money right? so submit your link in proper site (the site related to your article)
nancyharger

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Attractive headings always catch eyes. Use of key words is a good technique, you can also include some keywords in the title.
lindamartin88

Return to Article Writing and Article Directories