[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
$10 for a years worth of webhosting including a domain!!! : Web Hosting

$10 for a years worth of webhosting including a domain!!!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey guys. I just setup my own affiliate website with my own domain name for less than $10. $7.95 to be exact.

first things first...i registered my domain name with godaddy.com 7.95...easy eanough.

2nd thing...www.000webhost.com is a webhosting site. They will tell you how to use that domain name you setup with go daddy and set it up on there servers. with them you get 1,500mb of space(plenty of room for an affiliate web site) and 100gb in total transfers a month. I just setup my whole entire site and its less than 100mb.

Now i know that compared to most sites you have to pay for this isnt a whole lot. But truse me...unless you have some HUGE downloads(games, movies) that are going to be taking place you dont need more.

Say what you want because you got an affiliate through a pay hosting site. But i have my next years worth of hosting with this site and my own domain name....I ONLY SPENT $7.95! Its perfect for someone wanting to try this without spending too much!

Anyway, i have been so happy with this free service and i just had to get it out there!

p.s. i wanted to also let you guys know that they do allow php and mysql scrips as well. They even include a installer to install scrips for you. they also include free ftp server. So if you want to use a Open source site like xoops or joomla. This is the place!!

After the sites done ill put my site up so you guys can see how great its turning out.
Downside

Mon May 04, 2009 7:17 pm

And what happens when you need to install a script and they are not using the version of PHP you need?

And when your site goes offline for a couple of hours why they do some kind of server maintenance?

Or then choose to load the server with 200% more traffic than it can handle and your site slows down to the point that people trying to visit it see nothing but timeouts.

Free sites are great for people who are just fooling around. But if you are trying to run a business it's a complete waste of your time.

Want to lose a lot of customers fast, just offer them service that doesn't allow them to get what they want when they want it.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Mon May 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Say what you will about it. I just thought I would offer a cheap solution for someone who is just wanting to try this thing with little start up costs.

The fact is that if you need that stuff like different php and sql versions....you probly would have already signed up for a different hosting provider anyway.

As far as this service goes....Ive had 100% uptime. Pages load extremely fast. It does a great job for what it costs(free) and offers free providers EVER would give away(cpanel, ftp, php mysql databases, 5 free emails, the ability to host your own domain name).

All i meant this for was for someone wanting to try becoming an affiate. You want some kind of special sql php whatever....go pay money. But for most people who are just getting started.....most people dont know what that junk is anyway. At least not eanough to want to use any other versions than what they offer.
Downside

Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am

The point I'm making is don't doom yourself from the start by investing all your time and effort (your most valuable assets) into a cheap host.

What you think you are saving could actually be costing you.

Sure there is a place for free, and it looks like for you ... it's a good deal for testing or getting started. I have no problem with that at all.

But for a person who is really starting a business they would be well served to take the time to make sure that one of the CRITICAL pieces of their plan - their website is rock solid.

I've used many many hosts over the years. And you really don't know how they are until you need them.

HostGator says they will help you move sites, but then they cap the file size uploads so it's nearly impossible to move a site of any size to them without major hurdles to jump over. And everyone toots the HostGator horn.

I know a person who had their entire site shut down by their host for supposedly "phishing". What really happened is someone hacked their account. And instead of contacting the site owner they just shut the business down. Then they blamed the business for their own lack of security.

So go ahead and test and play with FREE, nothing wrong with that. Just ask yourself what you are really doing first.

When you look at FREE you have to be able to see the "catch". There is always a "catch".
InternetMarketing_IQ

Return to Web Hosting