web hosting???????

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:30 pm

A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to provide their own website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server they own for use by their clients as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for servers they do not own to be located in their data center, called colocation.

[Link deleted. It belongs in your signature file. You can click on Profile and create one.]
jeffri4

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:02 am

excellent post.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Re: web hosting???????

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm

jeffri4 wrote:Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for servers they do not own to be located in their data center, called colocation.

thanks for your post
and i want you to explain more colocation
mwya

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 am

excellent knowledge base, many thanks for that :-)

I think most of us knows what the hosting is but if you would have any good hosting provider, feel free to let us know. I'm currently with Streamline.net and must say i'm not happy with them. I run the electric bicycle online shop and just planned to start the blog on the site and tried to install a wordpress blog on my host and :-( sorry, streamline.net does not allow you to install any extrenal software on your host so it's really dissapointing

[Link deleted. It belongs in your signature file. You can click on Profile and create one. Admin.]
yendrek3

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Once again. Excellent post.

What is a modem?
InternetMarketing_IQ

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:18 am

yendrek3 -

most web hosting companies should allow you to install wordpress. i checked out streamline and do see the option for mysql, php etc. Therefore, you should be able to run wordpress because wordpress requires php,mysql database to run. i personally use chime hosting and for the price, they do offer good amount of features. are you good with using ftp, reading html etc?
aciram

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm

I like your bike site.

If you are in the UK and you want a real host you can rely on then look at http://www.rochenhost.com/
InternetMarketing_IQ

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:13 am

Hi.............. rishi here
A company provides the perfect web site hosting solutions for small to mid-sized businesses, web designers and web site developers. Their hosting services are designed to accommodate everyone - from those who want a web site but don't have a lot of time or technical know-how to build it, to the seasoned web developer who needs the flexibility and scalability to create their own professional dynamic business web site. for detail visit:-

http://www.sagarinfotech.com/Webhosting.aspx :twisted: :twisted:
rishiatwal

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:06 am

There are many web hosting companies but you need to be very selective. Pick an affordable and reliable web hosting service provider that gives you 99.99% up-time guarantee.
psp

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:16 am

First of all Please read properly before deciding anything.There are many good hostig providers like godaddy{dot}com,Bluehost{dot}com,limedomains{dot}com etc.
i think you will be able to install a wordpress over there.Jus Go n check
Even You can search for more .
Last edited by anjali27 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
anjali27

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:19 am

As far as i know Modem is a device Which Connects to computer via telephone line.
anjali27

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 am

Be a first time poster. Reply to your own post.

Make pick good host.

Money lots make.

What is internet?
InternetMarketingIQ

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 am

Internet is a network connecting millions of computers, comprised of thousands of smaller networks.
Last edited by anjali27 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
anjali27

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:27 pm

aciram wrote:yendrek3 -

most web hosting companies should allow you to install wordpress. i checked out streamline and do see the option for mysql, php etc. Therefore, you should be able to run wordpress because wordpress requires php,mysql database to run. i personally use chime hosting and for the price, they do offer good amount of features. are you good with using ftp, reading html etc?

Yes, Streamline offers MySQL and PHP or at least that is what they claim but the truth is that they do not allow you to install any external software on their servers so there is nothing from that PHP, it's a marketing trick just to sign the customer in. Anyway Stremline is a good company if you host your own website, no scripts nothing like that, if you need something more instensive then I don't recommend it.

[Links deleted. They belong in your signature file. You can click on Profile and create one. Admin.]
yendrek3

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi,

Don't spoil them :) The message in the opening thread provides just a general information about web hosting, one that would be find in Wikipedia. No one asked about this, because most people know what is "web hosting"...
HostColor

Next

Return to Web Hosting