Newbie PPC advice please

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi everyone

Great to take part in this forum.

I have just set up a landing page to promote one specific product which I consider is very much needed at this time of year.

Here is a 'snapshot' of my Google AdWords keyword stats for the period 6 -7 Nov (about 24 hours):

Impressions: 2,736 Clicks (on website): 10 Clicks (on product page): 10 Sales: 0

The product in question is the Apollo goLITE M2 Sad lightbox.

As I am a relative 'newbie' to all this, what I would like to know is:

• Are these figures good or bad - or average?
• What could I expect to be an average response?
• Would the price be an issue? Judging by the product page clicks ,it would seem that the landing page is encouraging visitors to click through to the product but once they are there they are not buying.

I have now changed the headline of my PPC ad to include a more popular keyword and am now going to monitor results for that. These stats are for the 5 keywords which had the most impressions.

Also, what do you good people think of the product? I wanted to go for a product that could yield a fairly good commission and is slightly 'niche'. Of course a lower priced item would give a much lower commission - so one is always in a cleft stick situation unless you can sell millions of them!

So can anyone point me in the direction of a good selling product bearing in mind that Christmas is around the corner?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. (My product website is sadlightcure.co.uk - you're welcome to take a look)
Thanks everyone!
:wink:
Henmel007

Return to Paid Advertising