sharing your success stories

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:28 pm

just a brief paragraph to inspire us all. you know, what was your most successful undertaking, the largest check you've ever received, what made you stay in affiliate marketing...
garden

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi,

Well, The biggest check that I ever received was from my 401k plan.

If your asking if it is possible to make money from on line marketing , then the answer is YES.

How much you make depends on the effort that you put forth. I get a 3 digit check every month and I am a slacker.

If , I am not mistaken this forum is where I 1st learned about internet marketing. Save your money and read the threads, all the info you need is concealed in them.

Follow Allan's advise when he graciously posts.

I know the exact answer that you were looking for was not there but we all have are own personal goals.

Jeff
carpunky

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:25 pm

I'm not a millionaire affiliate but I have had the priviledge of getting to know a few and success was not defined by the zeros in their paychecks but rather their brilliant mindsets.

A few important things I learned from their successes...

1. Don't spend your profits. Reinvest them to Grow your business. Don't read #2 until you fully agree to commit to #1 or you don't stand a chance.

2. Don't be afraid to lose money to gain understanding.

3. Oh and regarding money... If you don't have money to lose - don't use money to lose money but go get a job or two or three and save up and then come back to the affiliate table and don't be afraid to lose money to make money with the money you made from the jobs you worked to earn money to invest in PPC spend to make money to reinvest and grow your business to really make the money you seek. :wink:

4. Don't waste your time marketing unethical products that in the end will only screw the consumer

5. Don't soley rely on SEO as Google is always updating and your only one slap away from being buried in the SERPS.

6. Don't spend time trying to figure out everything and do everything on your own. How many successful companies only have one employee? Focus on your strengths and find the captial to outsource other tasks that are time consuming (buiding sites, etc.)

7. Keep comming back. Even when you want to chuck your laptop in the ocean and say F it.

8. Learn something new everyday and write down questions you have and SEARCH for those answers until you find them.

9. Use Google Notebook to keep track of all your learning - don't get disorganized

10. If you don't own a laptop yet - it's sort of essential in this line of work.
gocolts

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:04 am

Thank you gocolts for your great sharing.
Great tips!

I've been around 1 year in internet marketing, but
still the same. So far I've only made 3 figure income.
Maybe I'm not taking enough action.

I'm trying to break the 4 figure income this year.
Good luck and all the best to ya all. :)
ShawnLim

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 pm

I have made enough money to improve my lifestyle and that was my first target now comes the luxuries.
scassa

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:52 am

Since today is the first day of 2009, I feel it's great to share my stats here to motivate those who’re still struggling to make their first $10, $100, $1000 in affiliate marketing.

this is my stat last week - $975.33

1. Profit 114.21
2. Profit 140.53
3. Profit 134.03
4. Profit 270.78
5. Profit 116.66
6. Profit 126.83
7. Profit 72.29

I run ads in google content network to send traffic to my cpa offers.

I've seen many here is still struggling to make their first $100 online.....may be I'll share some of my steps here when I've more time.

Steven

StevenL

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:11 am

StevenL wrote:Since today is the first day of 2009, I feel it's great to share my stats here to motivate those who’re still struggling to make their first $10, $100, $1000 in affiliate marketing.

this is my stat last week - $975.33

1. Profit 114.21
2. Profit 140.53
3. Profit 134.03
4. Profit 270.78
5. Profit 116.66
6. Profit 126.83
7. Profit 72.29

I run ads in google content network to send traffic to my cpa offers.

I've seen many here is still struggling to make their first $100 online.....may be I'll share some of my steps here when I've more time.

Steven

Wow, cool income. Might share on how you did it
or so? Like how long you've been in IM and what
do you think it takes to make it happen?

I love success stories a lot as it inspires me. :o
ShawnLim

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:57 am

I will start a thread in the forum to explain my step-by-step. Th problem is, I'm mega busy this few days.

Should be able to do it next week.
StevenL

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:39 am

StevenL wrote:I will start a thread in the forum to explain my step-by-step. Th problem is, I'm mega busy this few days.

Should be able to do it next week.

Sure, I'm waiting for it.
Thanks for willing to share your story and let us
learn more about the real success from real people. :wink:
ShawnLim

Can you please help

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm

please i will need an help on how go about the landing pages, hosting and some other neccessary things to make this a suceess. thanks
samcathe

The first sale is the greatest.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:13 pm

One of my proudest moments was when I made my very first sale as an affiliate. Nothing compares to the feeling you get from your very first sale. That's what kept me going in the beginning.

How did I do it?
(For all you newbies out there)
I set up a free blogger blog where I reviewed the product I was promoting. Nothing fancy. Just a simple review. My goal was to get that blog ranked highly in the search engines for my main keyword. I started building backlinks at a rate of at least 5 per day. My main source of backlinks were the articles I was posting in article directories like EzineArticles. Then, I realized that those published articles were generating traffic to my blogger blog. That's when I got excited. I kept writing and submitting articles to the top 3 article directories at the time to build backlinks to my blog(so I could rank highly in the search engines) and drive free traffic to my product review. Soon enough, someone that read one of my articles through an article directory had clicked on my blog's link in my author bio box, read my review, and bought the product!

This wasn't part of the plan. I wanted to rank high in search engine results(that didn't happen) so I could make my first sale as an affiliate. But, traffic from the articles beat me to it!

Moral of the story: Stay open to the possibilities. Sometimes, the initial outcome you intended to produce won't work out but something good might come out of it anyways! (I didn't end up ranking highly in search engine results for my main keyword but I did get that very first sale I was after).
AlainNacouzi

Re: sharing your success stories

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 pm

garden wrote:just a brief paragraph to inspire us all. you know, what was your most successful undertaking, the largest check you've ever received, what made you stay in affiliate marketing...

I'm in the online business as it brings me money. I started with affiliate marketing as it was the easiest way to make money ( still here :) ).
After a while I've discovered that if I do my own products I will make more money.

But I started for 1 reason: I can work from home at any time I want.
aditd

Return to Getting Started - For New Affiliates