[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Cpanel : Web Hosting

Cpanel

Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:02 am

Does anyone else use this for their hosting package with your provider? I know there are a couple others out there and Im wondering if they are the same setup or harder to figure out?
Squeeks

Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am

Cpanel is by far the most used. There are several others, but Cpanel is definitely #1.

Actually, there is little to figure out. Many of my clients never go there. Set up your email and never go back. Or go and look at your stats.

I've been using it myself for nearly a decade and there are some features I have Never clicked.

Don't be overwhelmed, it will do way more than you know how. Stick with the email and stats and use Fantastico to automatically install a script of two.
pete

Cpanel

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 am

Hi Squeeks,
I think most use their CPanels. Most CPanels are quite easy to use. I try to use an html editor as much as possible. Many are free, I started with NVU(free), I think firefox still has a good free one. An Html editor works similar to your control panel, but I use it primarily to be sure that every thing is backed up (saved). I also use it for emails, articles, etc. Whether you use a CPanel or Html editor like Front Page, Xsite Pro, NVU, etc., you will soon get used to it, so not to worry. Jump in, you will learn to swim sooner than you think, Good Luck.
Much Success,
George Pierce
George Pierce

Plesk

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Plesk is another control panel, that is easy to use and bug free than cpanel.
Cpanel is often one of the most buggy control panel around. and one of the most commonly/easy to use control panel.
I have been managing servers which contain all these control panels.

Nick
maestria

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 pm

rachelstevens

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 am

HostColor

Cpanel is the most common one used

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I think most sites use cpanel because it is easy to use and anyone can make thier own website fast and easy.

You can also make own site and upload it to most host but cpanel lets anyone make site with out much skill needed. It works good and alot of sites offer add ons and script installers so you can do most things with it.
jcr266

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 pm

I use cpanel on my hosting. If you add Fantastico to it you can install very fast a lot of free cms.
So if you have cpanel+fantastico ... in no minutes you can have your own site.
aditd

Return to Web Hosting