[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
I need a cheap web host + domain name : Web Hosting - Page 2

Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:38 pm

gerry

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:22 am

AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:47 am

Niz85,

I would highly recommend http://www.powweb.com

I have been using them for a while and they are the best I've ever used! Here are some of the reasons I use them:

- 1,000 MB Space
- 5 GB Traffic/Day! (not Month!)
- Resource Center & Community
- 2 Months FREE + FREE Domain
- $7.77 a month

Their control panel is very user friendly and find it easy to add or make changes to anything!

Cusomter Support is also top notch for this compnay. They always respond it a timely manner and will stick it out with all of your hosting, and even design, problems. Great forum there too!
Voasi

Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:51 am

Sorry, Gerry, if you are offended.

The policy I've been implementing is that if a URL is prominently displayed in a new topic, there may be a promotion and I explained what would happen. I don't have time to check every such link. The instruction page said to add to an existing topic as a "reply" with a URL and sufficient explanation and it will stand.

A new topic needs much more introduction to substantiate a URL as relevant. Maybe I over-reacted ... but I am consistent. Re-list your topic with a good explanation, and perhaps put the URL in the signature file for more credibility.

Best wishes with your visits to the Board. You'll find the visitors very helpful, in general!!!

Wally Morgan - Moderator
administrator
Site Admin

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:55 pm

HHW_Kevin

Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:09 pm

gerry

Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:18 pm

Getting back to the topic, my best pickings are:

http://www.myvaluehost.com/ $4 domain names

They seem ok. There is a 10 domains/person limit, but that’s not a problem for many of us I guess. :)

http://www.1and1.com $6/domain

Looks like a nice alternative.

http://www.godaddy.com $8/.com, $5/.us,.biz

Private registrations are just $9 (this way your address and mail doesn’t show up on whois queries). Godaddy is, as far as I know, the leader in domain selling and if paying a few $ more isn’t a problem for you, you should definitely choose Godaddy.

There are many good and cheap options in hosting too.
Generous and cheap packages which come to my mind are at:

http://www2.datapacket.net/host.asp

5G/month – 3$/year
15G/month and more features -10$/year
It’s a pity there isn’t a mysql support at the first package, but the offer is still nice.

When it comes to choosing a hosting company it’s usually a good idea to look at hosting directories too. My favorite directory is at:
http://www.findmyhosting.com/

There are many good offers here under $10/year.
The search facility is the best I ever saw and results are returned with the best price first. All offers are rated by previous users and comments are also made. Like always you should be careful, because the hosting managers could make some comments themselves. ;)
The best thing at this directory is that you can check the uptime history of all the companies which are featured. Previously this kind of information was only available from rumors.

At - http://www.whois.sc - you can check how many accounts are hosted at a server you wish to buy the hosting from. It’s usually a good idea to make sure it’s under 200-300, especially if you buy consistent bandwidth.
Also a good tool to verify a host’s ping time (speed) is at:
http://www.hostpulse.com/app/networktools/ping.asp

Gerry.
gerry

Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:21 pm

Gerry, great information to have, thank you.

Debs
Debs

Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:31 pm

Thanks for the kind words Debs. :)

Gerry.
gerry

Previous

Return to Web Hosting