Adwords and Adsense - Can I profit?

Sun May 18, 2008 5:52 am

I'm sure you've all heard of it. The idea is to drive traffic with adwords and make my money with adsence. Of course the landing page wont be just adsence ads.

The plan is to just do this and nothing else, basically invest in adwords and wait for a return on your investment in adsence.

Can I profit in this way? Has any of you tried it? Please share your expiriences.
regular30

Sun May 18, 2008 4:42 pm

The plan is to just do this and nothing else, basically invest in adwords and wait for a return on your investment in adsence.

Adsense Arbitrage ha? Hm..It still works but you'll have to properly check what keywords worth the return. However, Google frown at this. It's now against their TOS.

So, better don't.
waken

Sun May 18, 2008 5:12 pm

waken wrote:

Adsense Arbitrage ha? Hm..It still works but you'll have to properly check what keywords worth the return. However, Google frown at this. It's now against their TOS.

So, better don't.

Well my plan is to use adwords to drive traffic to my sites/blogs that have adsence on them. Like I said before, my sites/blogs won't be just adsence ads. Will this still be against their TOS?

Why does adsence care where I get my traffic from (as long its real people traffic not fake)or if I do adsence arbitrage? What's going on lately? Every money making opportunity is being shutdown... :?
regular30

Sun May 18, 2008 10:44 pm

regular30 wrote:Why does adsence care where I get my traffic from (as long its real people traffic not fake)or if I do adsence arbitrage?

Google cares about its customers - the people who pay billions of dollars a year to advertise on AdWords. It wants those customers to receive good value for money.

Google wants people who click on an AdWords ad to have a useful experience - not just land on a made-for-AdSense website.

What's going on lately? Every money making opportunity is being shutdown... :?

There are still millions of genuine opportunities out there, if you think of what your potential CUSTOMER wants, instead of just thinking of ways to make money. Lots and lots of people have problems and are searching for solutions or are searching for specific information. If you provide it in return for money, you'll have a business.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon May 19, 2008 2:01 am

AllanGardyne wrote:
regular30 wrote:Why does adsence care where I get my traffic from (as long its real people traffic not fake)or if I do adsence arbitrage?

Google cares about its customers - the people who pay billions of dollars a year to advertise on AdWords. It wants those customers to receive good value for money.

Google wants people who click on an AdWords ad to have a useful experience - not just land on a made-for-AdSense website.

What's going on lately? Every money making opportunity is being shutdown... :?

There are still millions of genuine opportunities out there, if you think of what your potential CUSTOMER wants, instead of just thinking of ways to make money. Lots and lots of people have problems and are searching for solutions or are searching for specific information. If you provide it in return for money, you'll have a business.

Hey Alan, long time no see :D . I still don't understand what's the problem with this aproach. What if I update the content? Will it still be a problem?

Where does it say in google TOS that you can not use the same site in adwords and adsence?

All of this seems a bit silly. What if I use yahoo ads+adwords or the yahoo PPC+adsence? :roll:

On a completely unrelated subject :lol: lemme ask you smth Alan while I have your attention. You are one of the authorities in Internet Marketing arena.

How can I get the best return for my money doing this online? Say I have a few 1000's to invest in this business. Where should I go and what approach should I take? It should involve minimum work for me, I would be the owner and I would freelance all the work I could.

What's your advice? Where can I get the best and fastest return on my money? How long it's gonna take me to double my investment? :D
regular30

Mon May 19, 2008 2:59 am

regular30 wrote:I still don't understand what's the problem with this aproach.

What Google is concerned about is conversion rates. It wants its advertisers to get a good ROI, so they'll keep on spending money with Google. It also wants people who click on ads to have what it calls a "good experience". I suppose it thinks this is good for Google's image.

In a typical AdSense arbitrage example, you're trying to persuade the visitor to click on one ad and then click on another ad. If you're successful at doing this, the first advertiser misses out - doesn't get a sale. That's bad, from Google's point of view.

You need to take notice of Google's point of view, because, after all, it's Google that's paying you.

What if I update the content? Will it still be a problem?

Updating content is a good idea, but doing so wouldn't change the business model.

Where does it say in google TOS that you can not use the same site in adwords and adsence?

It says in the AdSense Program Policies...

Publishers using online advertising to drive traffic to pages showing Google ads must comply with the spirit of Google's Landing Page Quality Guidelines.

Google's Landing Page Quality Guidelines, say...

Please be aware that there are some types of sites that we've found provide a consistently poor experience for our users. These sites will receive low landing page quality scores.

There's a "Learn more" link, to a page which says...

Website Types to Avoid

The following website types will be penalised with low landing page quality scores. If we receive complaints about ads for websites of this kind, they will not be allowed to continue running.

* Data collection sites that offer free items, etc., in order to collect private information
* Arbitrage sites that are designed for the purpose of showing ads
* Malware sites that knowingly or unknowingly install software on a visitor's computer

Source: https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/ ... swer=66238

So it's the AdWords rules as well as the AdSense rules that you need to study.

All of this seems a bit silly. What if I use yahoo ads+adwords or the yahoo PPC+adsence?

It doesn't seem silly to the advertiser who's getting a poor ROI. :)

You may still be clobbered if you use Yahoo! plus AdSense.

I've received an email from an affiliate who says his AdSense account was closed down because he was doing arbitrage using Yahoo! PPC and AdSense. Basically, Google is trying to discourage people from making sites purely for AdSense revenue.

You could, however, investigate ways of modifying your business plan to make it acceptable to Google. Introduce other revenue streams, such as affiliate links, sell your own report, and have a newsletter to give you multiple chances of getting the sale. The challenge with that multifaceted approach, though, is you may not have a high enough ROI to make your PPC spending profitable.

On a completely unrelated subject...

Good question, but off-topic questions mess up discussions. Feel free to ask them on another part of the forum, not the "Paid advertising" section. :)
Last edited by AllanGardyne on Mon May 19, 2008 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 am

Tnx for the informative post Alan. Yes I will post the question in another section, lemme see...
regular30

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 am

Hi,They really work well.You can gain profits from this adwords and also from adsence.I have done it and have the profits.
kennichi

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 pm

kennichi wrote:Hi,They really work well.You can gain profits from this adwords and also from adsence.I have done it and have the profits.

Hi kennichi. Could you please specify how?
Thanks in advance.
janice2009

Return to Paid Advertising