[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Help! Confused about blogs and web sites : Blogging For Beginners

Help! Confused about blogs and web sites

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:33 am

I'm a little confused about blogs and web site indexing by the search engines.

If a blog and a web site are competing for the same keyword let say for example affiliate programs,

Let us assume that the blog gains more credibility, ranking and popularity compared to the web site

Will the blog be indexed to the main index or will it only appear on the blog search for a given search term that it's competing with the static web site?
Inforcom

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:20 pm

jcr266

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:24 am

bkbiloxi

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 pm

jschuman

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Thank you guys,

I appreciate the feedback, it has cleared some of the questions I had concerning starting a blog and then targeting the long tail keywords and then linking to the main website.
Inforcom

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:34 am

MrCat

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:33 pm

jschuman

I use both

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:14 pm

I have a blog and a website... I just view their purpose differently.

The blog is more dynamic, fast growing and interactive. I like to keep it on topic so I view it as a magazine. Each month I pick a theme and then develop a publishing schedule.

But the great thing about a blog is if something interesting pops up, I can easily blog about it.

The website is more structure. It has a structure and plan and is a little more ridged.

I think the point about getting indexed depends a lot on what you do after you make the post. I never just sit around waiting to get indexed... but go out and get the links in front of the people who can use them.

- Article marketing
- Posting comments on other blogs
- Forum posting
- Getting Trackbacks
- Posting my BESY content to social sites

Those are just some things you can do AFTER the post to get better rankings.
edwardlomax

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:49 am

My 1st time experience on blog is awesome way to generate traffic to my main site. Search engine love blog but to make it efficiently you need to regularly updated your blog or your site will lost on keyword competition.
surfaddict

Return to Blogging For Beginners