Google Adwords Policy on Affiliates

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer on the net as to whether affiliates are still allowed to use the Destination URL in Google Adwords to send customers directly to the affiliate merchant's site, or if they must now direct customers to a landing page only?

Enclosed below is an excerpt from Google's Adwords Policy page. I'm just starting out in affiliate marketing, and would appreciate it very much if someone could explain in simple terms just what affiliates are and aren't able to do in regard to Google Adwords.

Also.. what's the difference between the "Destination URL" and the "Display URL" within a Google ad?

Thanks very much, and I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Jim

We allow affiliates to use AdWords advertising. Please note that we'll only display one ad for affiliates and parent companies sharing the same Display URL per search query. We also monitor and don't allow the following:

* Redirect URLs: Ads that contain Display URLs that automatically redirect to the parent company.
* Bridge Pages: Ads for webpages that act as an intermediary, whose sole purpose is to link or redirect traffic to the parent company.
* Framing: Ads for webpages that replicate the look and feel of a parent site.

[/b]
Bocas

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Yes, you can link directly to merchant pages.

For example if you display an ad for a URL another person can not link display the same URL for the same keyword. The ad with the good quality score wins. This is called as "single URL policy" by google.

To overcome this many people practicing some techniques to cheat the googles policy.

URL redirect = Display URL is your domain and landing page is your merchant domain. This is not allowed. Both display URL and the destination URL must be same. (But you can use a destination URL for the porpose of traking and redirect it to your own landing page)

Iframe= Displaying the merchant website using your URl.

You can do direct linking if no body is already marketing the product. If you put your landing page to presell, it may help for higher conversions.

I hope this helps you.
Dr.Eswararamanan

adwords

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:38 pm

So, just to be sure..
Can i or can i not use an affiliate link for advertising with google adwords??????
Gizmo007

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:50 am

Yes, you can
You are allowed to do it.
But there's no guarantee that your ad will show up.
Chaser

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 pm

I think the best way is to make your own sales page or landing page.
jcr266

Return to Paid Advertising