Adwords Daily Budget HELP!?

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:54 am

Hi... I'm trying hard to find out what to do with my daily budget on google adwords
im advertising an affiliate ad and i spend about 12 to 60 cents per click rarely 60 cents though... what would be a good daily budget for someone who really cant afford to spend big?
BlowUpDollie

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 am

Kind of a difficult question as the Higher you set your budget the greater the chances you'll place higher in the results which in turn usually will influence your CTR which of course in turn then influences such things as min bid requirements.

I personally would set it as high as you dare spend if there was a big run on your ad and then just monitor it very closely for several days... if you never get near the limit then you can raise it even higher to possibly help your ad position. This method carries risk however so "its up to you" to monitor your ad spend and make adjustments appropriately.

Another "flipside" strategy is to bid really high on your keywords so you get good position and CTR but limit your at risk with a low daily budget.

Ideal is to set both really high at first... high bid and high daily spend limit... and then lower your bid slowly over time to increase potential profits while keeping good ad positon. BIG RISK to this however and you really got to Monitor Closely and accept responsibility if things get away from you.
PromoPros

Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Nobody knows better than your own budget dear but setting it too low will make your ads not showing to its' optimum.

Just monitor everything. Setup good tracking on the keyword conversion, eliminates the loser and increase bids on the winners.
waken

Return to Paid Advertising