[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
can you sort out this blogging myth! : Blogging For Beginners

can you sort out this blogging myth!

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:11 pm

mattie

Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:13 pm

I only have Blogger blogs and I don't earn much from them (yet). I think that Google looks at how long a blog has been up, how many posts are on it, and, yes, whether or not there are backlinks to it. I don't think that getting a backlink is hard--I've heard that all it takes is to swap links with other bloggers.

You can also try to index your site with google .

That's all I know. I'm still learning the ropes about blogging. :D
wordscientist

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:50 pm

A blog works just fine itself. There are plenty of blogs who are making 6 figures yearly income.
mbongwe

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:21 pm

halinagold

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:28 pm

wordscientist

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:49 pm

Yes, that's one reason.
Another is that they are built in a search engine friendly way. For example, they have natural themes: the blog categories. SEs love themes! Also blogs naturally connect to related blogs, often in real time, through pings and trackbacks. That's very difficult to maintain with regular pages (I think).
halinagold

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:52 pm

jschuman

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:13 pm

mattie

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:52 pm

Not if it's different posts that make sense (i.e. have real content)
halinagold

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 pm

bkbiloxi

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Mattie,
blogging is about supply and demand,
if you can supply something (information) that people will take the time to read,THEN ONLY, will the cents follow
content is king,
williehill

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:46 pm

I find that since I added a blog to my site and started posting almost every day with links to my website pages I'm getting spidered more, the pages are getting indexed quicker and I'm getting more traffic.

I don't really try and promote anything off of my blog posts but I do link to product pages on my site from blog posts.

I don't blog for the sake of blogging though just to get traffic, I make sure I have something to write about.

My new content mantra is - new page + blog post (with link to page) + article to submit to directories pointing to page.

I love just being able to rattle off a blog post without having to worry too much about things like on page SEO, layout etc.

Having a blog on my site's domain with an RSS feed that I update a lot has made quite a difference so far and I've only had it under a month.
dotdash

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:50 am

bkbiloxi

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Lowell

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:23 pm

dtran

Next

Return to Blogging For Beginners