Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:11 am

dreamhost is my choice for sure.

they've been in the business since 1997

they have an excellent starter hosting plan of

200 GB hosting with 2 TB bandwidth per month for and you get 1 domain for free and you can add multiple domains to the account (each for fee if you don't owe the domain for sure)for about 100$; you can PM me for a coupon that will get you this package for less than 30$
warchief

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:52 am

dreamhost has a great reputation tho I've never used them.

Whenever anyone asks this question they inevitably get an avalanche of people very pleased with their service + people hoping to make a generous commission by "recommending" someone.

From this you can probably determine that most people are very happy with their hosting service and there are lots of good ones to choose from.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

This is a top-drawer place to get the reputation of various companies. It is basically spam free.

I used it to research my dedicated server provider and am very happy with the results.
blakekr

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi there,

I just changed hosting. I changed over to:
http://www.techmoms.com

Very user friendly and affordable!
Check it out! :wink:
tam2005

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:30 pm

I saw Bluehost recommended from some marketers, but now I have read, that they have bad phone support.

Apart from that, is seems very attractive!

Has someone experience?
Andyz

Best Web Hosting

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:06 am

With over 5,000 companies offering hosting services it can be tempting to create a dart board containing all of the ads and just toss a dart to choose.

Picking the "best" provider for your individual needs is a bit more difficult; especially if you go through a full requirements analysis process.

My own technique does include a requirements analysis first but then I **cheat** my way to the finish line by only keeping companies that provide speed performance in the top 1%. To do that I visit http://www.netcraft.com and review their free "Hosting Providers Network Performance" listing. It shows in near real time the companies that are delivering the fastest performance on the Internet. When all is said and done your customers will judge your web site by how fast it delivers the data they ask for.

I'm writing a free e-book "Web Hosting 101" to explain a full requirements analysis process and also include helpful tips such as using Netcraft to get beyond the claims and look at the real performance delivered. If you would like a copy sign-up for free at http://itechguide.com.

Cheers,
Jason
Fiatlux

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:08 am

Thanks, that was good tips I think. May I ask what means this "101"? I see it often...

I it really so important to get the BEST performance?
I mean, is it not enough to say it should be AT LEAST so and so much?

I mean, uptime is clear, you want 100% at best, but speed, need to be pretty good but not lightning fast, lol?

Why is Host Gator not in the list? Too bad performance? Would be still my first pick...
But I would like cheaper :D
Last edited by Andyz on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andyz

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:13 am

At college or university a beginners course is often called "101".
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

"101"

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:17 am

It's a bit of a spoof on the system used by many American Universities to identify the level of college courses. For example, English 101 could be the 1st English class taken by freshmen while English 202 could represent the 2nd course taken by a college sophomore. In my own case, "Web Hosting 101" as used at http://itechguide.com is used to suggest that it contains suitable introductory level material.

Thanks,
Jason
Fiatlux

Only 2.95/mth

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:45 am

Heya,

Just found out that TDOTHOST is only 2.95/mth. Just using it and find the customer support is really very helpful. But no live support though like hostgator. But nevertheless, my emails to them were replied fast! :)

2.5GB space and 50GB transfer. Indeed value for money. Check it out at tdothost.com
alexyeo

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:08 am

I use 1and1 and hostgator.

I have had no problems with either of them. If you are looking for a cPanel/Fantastico feature, 1and1 does not have it.

1and1 offers more storage space and bandwidth compared to hostgator and also offers 3 free domain names to go with the hosting account.
srecan

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:54 pm

There is an extensive discussion of many web hosts here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Most of that forum is about the web hosting business, and wouldn't probably be of interest to affiliate marketers.

But, it's a good place to find user reports on any specific host you may be considering. Use the search feature to search for the host you are considering. Often you will find many people reporting their experiences.

Keep in mind that almost any host will have some good and some bad reviews. But if you take some time and read through a number of posts, after a bit a picture starts to emerge.

It can be especially helpful to read the posts of the web hosts themselves. You get a feel for the personality of the different owners, and this may help you find a good match for your own way of doing things.
Phil Tanny

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:02 pm

I would highly recommend www.wirenine.com :)
iwantipod

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:49 am

The best hosting company that I know is host4profit. They are the best in the market and they know how to take care of the customers. They never let you down and their support system works 24-7. I have my websites hosted by them and no problem in the past two years.
maxya

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:46 am

6,000MB, Unlimited Bandwidth, cPanel, Fantastico, Unlimited everything else.

Pay $ 120 one time and it's yours forever.

Check it out -

www.smallbusinesshoster.com
pete

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm

Ok, everyone recommends himself. :lol:

How long are you on the market?
Uptime?
Support?
That are more interesting points.
Andyz

PreviousNext

Return to Web Hosting