[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
paid blog platform : Blogging For Beginners

paid blog platform

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:01 am

what are the best paid platform that will enable me to have a normal domain name iwth out the .blogspot extention? and preferably with an affiliate program?
debbysmith

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:10 am

Get your own hosting. Buy your own domain(s) and install Wordpress (from wordpress.org).

Then you can setup whatever blogs you want, put adsense and affiliate programs on them.
edburdo

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:06 pm

is there a blog platform that can do all this i one?

i want to keep the whole process simple.

thanks for your advice edburdo
debbysmith

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi Debbie, I use www.Typepad.com for my blogs and it allows you to use your own domain.

Andrew
rondo

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:25 pm

that's more of hwat i'm looking for. thanks to everyone. if there are anymore ..... keep on posting. i'd like a few options if possible.

thanks again!
debbysmith

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:30 pm

All-in-one packages can be nice... and they can be restrictive.

By using your own hosting, you can have multiple domains and websites. Sometimes the "all-in-one" packages only allow a single site.

Also, many times you can get better programs and products by picking what you want, vs using what you have to use on a "all-in-one" package.

So... investigage before you buy. Make sure you don't tie yourself into something you don't want.
edburdo

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:58 pm

Go buy hosting that has the "fantastico" script installed. That will allow you to install a wordpress blog VERY easily.

You can do pretty much anything with wordpress and it's very easy to learn and get help.
Rob_TID

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:51 am

Fantistico is a good package. But there are a few other companies that have one-click-installs for Wordpress and other software.

The big thing is... find out if the host has a quick way to install Wordpress (or some of the other software you want). If they don't, that means you have to do it yourself... and that may be more than you want to get into.
edburdo

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:17 pm

debbysmith

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:33 pm

You can use Blogger on your own domain and with most any web host, change your blogger settings to ftp to your website.

Blogger does have some issues with reliability. Just save your posts somehow. Reliable web hosting shouldn't cost more than $4 or $5 a month.

PM me if you need more help.
Lowell

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:47 am

Thanks for all the advice. The domain name was my biggest issue; I just think it's better for people to remember a simple/catchy domain name rather than having the .blogspot extension.

Thanks once again and if there are any more paid alternatives please keep them coming. I like to spread my projects between various web hosts, and I want to do the same when starting my blogs.

Not that I?m going to have as many blogs as I have websites, but I?m thinking don't put all your eggs in one basket and all that. I never have more than 2 websites with any one web host. I like to experiment as well.

Anyway I?m rambling. Keep the suggestions coming, and many thanks for sharing your time and experience with me so far.
debbysmith

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:42 am

Hendry Lee

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:31 am

ALike said above, Fantastico and wordpress work like a charm.

Start with that.

Later when you are a problogger, you can consider movabletype.
abou talhah

Return to Blogging For Beginners