Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:43 am

I think to create a new blog you can use wordpress or blogger both are good blogger creating sites.
Mercysullivan

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 am

To create a self-hosted blog (more on why self-hosted is better later), you need a domain name (yoursite.com) and a web host.

Even though a site like Blogger is free and makes setup a snap, you don't actually own the content or the site because it's hosted on Blogger's domain.

So if Blogger ever decides to shut down, guess what will happen to your blog?

Yup... bye, bye to all your hard work! (Trust me. I've seen this happen more than once.)

Not a good strategy if you are trying to make money with your blog.

If you use a company like WebsitePalace to buy your domain and host your site then you can setup a self-hosted WordPress blog for free in seconds.

You simply login to your hosting account and choose the option to "Install WordPress" and instantly the blog will be up and running on yourdomain.com. You can begin blogging right away and you own your content and domain.

website babble

I like WordPress much better because they have a bunch of free plug-ins you can use to make your blog much more interactive, functional and fun.

Let's say you want to add a shopping cart to your blog so people can buy products. With WordPress, all you have to do is download a plug-in (most are free) and the functionality will be added to your blog in seconds!

There are literally thousands of free plug-ins available.
rajraju131

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 pm

It is better to start with in word press or blog spot.They are very effective in getting traffic.
rebena

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi! I can recommend you a nice tool - Artistter. More information you can find here www.bktemplates.com. Really very easy to use and friendly tool. Maybe you will like too. Good luck!
natyk

Making a Blog website

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Wow. I just had the "Topic Reply Notification" e-mail that reminded me of this good ol' thread and all.

Anyway, the update is that I settled on a Kubrick WordPress theme site. However, I’ve worked on the codes to make my site look like has its own appearance.
dansbanners

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi Daniel, Welcome back!

It's good to know that the forum's email notification system still works on a 5-year-old discussion. :)

It looks as though you've put in quite a bit of work on your blog's design - it looks a lot different than the standard Kubrick theme.

What else have you been doing over the past 5 years?
AllanGardyne
Site Admin

Re: Making a Blog website

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Allan,

Thanks!

I just passed the 10K earnings mark in the program ClixSense. Which is not too shabby for a "paid to click". :)

How are you doing?
dansbanners

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:08 am

There are a few ways you can do it. You can sign up for a free blog which you can get free templates on, you can also pay for it which gives you more options. Or you can start your own with your own theme and stuff.

It's relatively easy.
Mark Daniels

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm

yes, the premium templates are the best but there are very good free templates that can become totally professional if you work on them a bit.

Just browse the templates and write down the ones you like. The most liked ones are also the best (well, that's what I found).

But there could be unknown designs that you prefer, depending on your goals, the topics and how you want to manage your blog.
Jake The Competition Man

Previous

Return to Blogging For Beginners