Which method do you use to get Opt-ins?

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:03 am

Hello, I would be very interested to see which method you primarily use to get opt ins?
JordanLH

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:04 pm

I am honestly surprised more list-builders don't start an affiliate program to build their list. Affiliate programs are very affordable (run one yourself, or splurge with a network) and you get to set you own CPA rate.
JP Sauve

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:02 pm

Hi Jordan,

I use two methods so far, both of them consist of giving away something (report or software) to reward people for opt-in-ing to my list.

The first is by using a very short lead-capture page, consists only of a headline and some bullets that show the benefits of my "bribe". This one produces about 30.4% raw visitors-to-subscribers conversion rate and 37.9% unique visitors-to-subscribers conversion rate.

The second is by using a DHTML pop up (got it free from http://www.dynamicdrive.com) in my blog (I think it can be also applied to conventional content site) and it produces about 6.1% raw visitors-to-subscribers conversion rate and 10.8% unique visitors-to-subscribers conversion rate.

The numbers above might not be accurate 100% (only an approximation) since sometimes I visit my own opt-in page and blog and test my opt-in form, and the form tracker must be recording my own visits/opt-ins.

Regards,
Zaki
mzakih

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:54 am

Interesting, I use the system below I am having good success with it. good luck

Michelle
uniquelyyours

Return to List Building and Newsletters