Do you prefer to pay webhosting with credit card ?

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Many webhosting only offer payment with credit card although credit card owner profile is not secured on the net (there are many cases of credit card abuse by carder) so do you prefer to pay webhosting with credit card or other payment ? Although for webhosting service credit card payment is easier to be manage because it has automatic recurrent billing management. But probably not all affiliates have credit card so they could not get paid hosting if the hosting service only offer credit card payment.
prohostfirm

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Nowaday, I think paid by Paypal is quite common so that even you have no credit card, you can link up your own bank account or even manual cash deposit to Paypal so that you have fund with them, and then you can pay for other services as needed.

So, for a hosting company only offers so limited payment option, I would be in doublt of their service level with their core hosting service too, because for me, I would consider flexible payment option as a very basic service within a committed service from a company. So, if I were you, I would not take such headache and I would simply switch to other hosting companies as there are many choices around.

Lawrence :wink:
ebzabc

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:10 pm

Paypal seems the way to go. They do the job pretty well, and only charge a minimal fee
cameronwhite

Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:16 am

I don't have a lot of faith in any hosting company. I pay with a credit card because of the detailed reports and built in receipt I have for my accountant. I use a bank card from a local bank I do business with so if there is a problem I can get it resolved. I have had to battle a few companies who continue to bill after I am no longer using their services. This is actually very common. I get the same old excuse about how the tech department can't do anything about the billing department. And how it will take a few weeks to show on my end. But when they bill me it's instant.

There is some screwy law on the books that gives the credit card company some kind of out if services are purchased more than 80 miles from your residence (No I don't know the exact law). So having a relationship with your local bank is a good idea. Use a card from a bank you trust when you buy anything online.
InternetMarketing_IQ

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:27 am

and what about 2checkout?
Onix

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Cre card is the best. Especially because all companies use protocols and sertificates to secure all transactions.
Brooke

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 pm

paypal is famous for its chargeback fee, 2chekout might be better than paypal, but for us, LibertyReserve still the best payment on the net.
prohostfirm

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 am

I am always use PayPal services for the any online payment....
JamesWhite

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:28 pm

I have a seperate spending account for all online purchase, which includes my webhosting. I know before I make a purchase the exact total and deposit that amount plus prudent extra into the account and I monitor the account continuously to ensure no fraudulent charges occurr. This can be done through any bank in the US, not sure about international banks. You can also do this with prepaid debit accounts like NetSpend or GreenDot cards.
vanmed

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:14 am

here is my problem with using paypal. they do not refund for services. if you decide you don't want to use that service anymore but they've just recharged you for a full year and don't want to give you your money back, you're stuck. when i had the same issue with my credit card i got my money refunded. i only use paypal for goods and to pay my staff who trusts me.
arenee

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 am

PayPal and AlertPay at present.About to implement direct CC processing by popular demand.Easy to use & integrate. But thebest thing is,we are paid instantly & we don't have to pay the fees if we refunded the customer.
ruzreed

Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:08 pm

It depends on the customer market you want to target.
For instance if you target web developers paypal is fine as almost all web developers have paypal account.
If you target new to website creation kind of customers you have to have credit card acceptance option or else you will loose fair market share.
nancyharger

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Absolutely Yes, but only with the major services providers or those merchants who use secured payment gateways.
marshall332

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:35 am

I've been debating for sometime whether or not to start accepting credit cards over at WHMCSAddon.com . I think that this is worthy of your opinion.

I know when I am online and shopping around I love using paypal. No need to find my wallet and pull out my Visa to type out the numbers. Paypal does that for me. I will definitely pay by paypal 85% of the time online.

What is your preferred method of payment?
johnmiller48

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:36 pm

I believe that most of the people make use of Paypal to make web hosting payments. Paypal is one of the most secure way to make online transactions without any doubt. However, most of the experienced web hosting providers have installed the SSL certificate in order to make the transactions secure. Thus, there is no harm in making payments via your credit cards with such experienced hosting companies.
eUKhost

Next

Return to Web Hosting