[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Adding RSS to website : Blogging For Beginners

Adding RSS to website

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:41 pm

I want to have my blog entries show on my website. I want a couple of sentences and a link to the full post on my blog.

Since I am a complete newbie when it comes to this (I don't even know the terminology) I have no idea where to even begin, or what terms to search for.

Anyone able to shead some light on this for me?
sophist

Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:33 pm

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you want to have a 'site blog' as opposed to a full scale 'dedicated blog'. Site blogs are like a 'whats new' page and point visitors to new content on your website. Whereas a 'dedicated blog' usually has complete posts which are auto-archived.

Which one is more appropriate will depend on what you want to achieve with it. Do you just want to keep regular visitors in the loop on new content or do you want to build up a list of RSS subscribers who are interested in reading individual blog posts?

Hope this helps.
Declan OReilly

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:12 pm

I've been wondering the same thing lately, so I did a search. I found a website that walks you through the process of creating and adding an RSS feed manually to your site. It was written in 2003, so don't know if it's still a valid way to do this or not.

I'm still searching for information, though, on an easier way to add the RSS feed to a web page to show my snippets of my own blogging posts.

I assume this is the type of information that you're looking for?
Rose

Re: Adding RSS to website

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:00 pm

edburdo

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 am

sophist

Adding RSS to Webpage

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:30 pm

sjohari

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 pm

edburdo

RE: