[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Best Prices for Domains and Hosting - and great tech support : Web Hosting

Best Prices for Domains and Hosting - and great tech support

Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:43 pm

As others have mentioned, the low priced domains $2.95 - $3.95 for .coms usually have a stipulation that you must buy a hosting package. Several companies would not release the domain name until your hosting contract was complete - it would not be yours to transfer.
Someone mentioned registerfly.com - I used them for almost 3 years without any problems, something changed at the company and then I had nothing but problems with them. I "lost" domains that were registered to me and the downtime on their hosted email was running 50% of the time. The tech support really went down about a year ago and has not improved.
I transferred my domains and hosting over to another company -only $5.99 a year for domains whether new or transfers and hosting packages starting at $2.99/mo for 5 gb and a domain name. Their service has been very good.
Check them out: www.ultimatedomainservices.com
global4

registering

Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:34 am

k0unt_zer0

best host

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:06 pm

neeraj_sam

Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:37 am

gudangemas

Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:13 am

robertb

Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:31 am

gudangemas

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:38 pm

I have two 1and1 accounts. Moving them to DreamHost here soon. Support is too slow, and they are lock down a few things I need (standard php or .htaccess settings). Not all php and .htaccess, but some features.

Dreamhost has some good deals, and they have been extremely quick in answering my questions.

If you need Windows hosting, I have been using CrystalTech. Good prices and good support.
edburdo

what are the basic things to choose a good host...

Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:18 pm

hi,

what are the basic things to choose a good host... if he boast something like good servers ...how will we be check it whether they are running on best technology...

Barbie
barbiegurl

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:00 pm

varunpratap

Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:39 am

robertb

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:43 pm

I read Dreamhost offering some GB space and width and overloading their servers? Anybody using Dreamhost here on the forums?
radhika

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:13 pm

prohostfirm

Try ipowerweb

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:24 pm

Generally Godaddy.com is a better place to buy new domains. The good point is at a very small fee, Godaddy allows you to make your domain private, so you need not worry about those prying eyes. Godaddy hosting is OK for the price, but their control panel is very unfriendly. One of the best values for the price is hosting from ipowerweb.com. The disc space and bandwidth is generous - you can host a site there which has big files to download and you don't have to worry about extra charges for bandwidth.

If you wish to buy domains from the expiring market, my experience is pool.com is the best - Godaddy also has a cheaper domain backorder system, but my experience is that it almost always fails to acquire the popular domain names.
Roger

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:45 am

Another company to check out for registering domains is I have several domains with them and never had a problem. They also have reasonable prices at $8.88 per year.

If you are still looking for a webhost you may want to check out It is an interesting forum with lots of webhosting company reviews.

Ryan
Knightwolf

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:57 am

ppeterson

Next

Return to Web Hosting