[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4850: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4851: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3948)
Where can I get a domain name for $3? : Web Hosting

Where can I get a domain name for $3?

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:02 am

I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where I found .com domains being offered for $3 a year, last week.

Anyone know where I can get them this cheap? Or even a dollar or two more?

thanks,
Len
lenmcgrane

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:11 pm

ihenman

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:07 am

radhika

Thanks you both!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:57 am

lenmcgrane

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:16 pm

ihenman

Re: Thanks you both!

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:44 am

The One

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:10 am

Besides Yahoo ($2.99/year), there is another option through iPowerWeb, Inc. http://www.iPowerWeb.com . I just found that couple of days back. Earlier they were charging over $8/year. After Yahoo Inc cut down their registration charges, iPowerWeb started following the same path.

Domain registration for 1 year is $2.95 (.com .biz .net .us .info). If you purchase for 1 year, then the above rate is applied. After 1st year onwards, you'll have to pay $8.25 for the renew of your Domain. But, you can order for 2 years at $5.90 and for 5 years it's $8.85 on your very first order.

Interestingly, they are offering $50 Credit with Overture by registering a Domain! Isn't that a cool offer? I didn't read their Terms & Conditions though. But, I think you can check this out. If their terms and conditions are not against your concern in anyway, then you'd love to go with them.

Here's the link:
https://secure.ipowerweb.com/cgi-bin/do ... /order.cgi

Hope, it helps.
dhooshor

Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:21 am

Miles

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:45 am

I have had good luck with Their prices are a bit more at $8.88/yr per domain, but I have found their interface easy to use. No problems so far.
Knightwolf

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:19 pm

ezinebonanza

Beware of the low priced domains!

Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:21 am

As others have mentioned, the low priced domains $2.95 - $3.95 for .coms usually have a stipulation that you must buy a hosting package. Several companies would not release the domain name until your hosting contract was complete - it would not be yours to transfer.
Someone mentioned registerfly.com - I used them for almost 3 years without any problems, something changed at the company and then I had nothing but problems with them. I "lost" domains that were registered to me and the downtime on their hosted email was running 50% of the time. The tech support really went down about a year ago and has not improved.
I transferred my domains and hosting over to another company -only $5.99 a year for domains whether new or transfers and hosting packages starting at $2.99/mo for 5 gb and a domain name. Their service has been very good.
Check them out: www.ultimatedomainservices.com
global4

Return to Web Hosting